Page 42 of 681 FirstFirst ... 323536373839404142434445464748495292142542 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Id say £60m is around the right value Madrid were dumb to pay over £100m and wont get bitten twice.

We dont hold any of the cards here if we got £60-70m im sure we'd take it.

We'd have to accept if he was sold nobody would score at his rate but some good PL players in that role Neto Saka Bowen.
    It's not just his goals that we'll miss.

Not directed at you but our (all?) fans have short memories. Salah has been a beast for us. Post Afcon he hadn't been on scoring form but chipped in with assists and being a nuisance for defenders. He will go at some point but he's pretty irreplaceable in my eyes.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    It's not just his goals that we'll miss.

Not directed at you but our (all?) fans have short memories. Salah has been a beast for us. Post Afcon he hadn't been on scoring form but chipped in with assists and being a nuisance for defenders. He will go at some point but he's pretty irreplaceable in my eyes.
    Yeah I know he creates space for lots of other players and ive said for a long time nobody can play his role as good as him.

We would miss him and my bet is he stays here for the season.

Im just thinking the club would probably take the long term approach.

I think Nineteen is bang on though our set up is made for him he will get more money elsewhere but is that the be all end all when you take home over £1m a month ??

Klopp said it best to Coutinho "Stay here get a statue go elsewhere you just become another player".

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    We'll have sold Mane & Salah entering their final year of contract for less than
    1 Eden Hazard in his final year of contract.

Don't know how anyone can call that good business. Both are better/more effective than hazard.
    I don't think comparing to the Hazard deal is right to be fair. Real Madrid got absolutely fleeced there.

Would be like if someone wanted Gomez and we said "well, Maguire cost £80m so Gomez is worth £140m" - just isn't a good marker of value at all for me.

I'd love Salah to stay ideally but £60m is no small change and we could utilise it very intelligently to speed the transitional phase along.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I don't think comparing to the Hazard deal is right to be fair. Real Madrid got absolutely fleeced there.

Would be like if someone wanted Gomez and we said "well, Maguire cost £80m so Gomez is worth £140m" - just isn't a good marker of value at all for me.

I'd love Salah to stay ideally but £60m is no small change and we could utilise it very intelligently to speed the transitional phase along.
    Strongly disagree.

Salah is at present one of the most unique players in the world.

At least there are quite a few great options for cf and lwf. At CB quite a few great options.

Unlike Virgil & Mane, Salah at rwf is a huge asset for a position that is not well stocked globally at present.

It's fucking awful business as I see it.

Can we reinvest 60 Mill sure, bit on its face we'll be getting fooking robbed for two world class players.

Id say £60m is around the right value Madrid were dumb to pay over £100m and wont get bitten twice.

We dont hold any of the cards here if we got £60-70m im sure we'd take it.

We'd have to accept if he was sold nobody would score at his rate but some good PL players in that role Neto Saka Bowen.
    Can't see any of those coming close to replacing Salahs numbers.

We'd have the bargaining position if we extended his contract.

Could pay him more in wages for a year and sell him next summer for more.

I think people are criminally undervaluing Salahs worth in the market to top clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Can't see any of those coming close to replacing Salahs numbers.

We'd have the bargaining position if we extended his contract.

Could pay him more in wages for a year and sell him next summer for more.

I think people are criminally undervaluing Salahs worth in the market to top clubs.
    The thing is no one will come in for him with a big fee £100m+ and big wages at the age of 30/31 - only clubs would could do that are PSG, City, Newcastle and Real! I agree that £60m is low though.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

Terrible comparison tbh.

Yeah I know he creates space for lots of other players and ive said for a long time nobody can play his role as good as him.

We would miss him and my bet is he stays here for the season.

Im just thinking the club would probably take the long term approach.

I think Nineteen is bang on though our set up is made for him he will get more money elsewhere but is that the be all end all when you take home over £1m a month ??

Klopp said it best to Coutinho "Stay here get a statue go elsewhere you just become another player".
    There's differences between Coutinho and Salah.

I believe Salah would have stayed if we matched his contract demands. Coutinho wanted out and was linked for a a while before. That deal didn't come down to contracts.

He's already a legend here. Coutinho wasn't. Salah is a global, world-class player. Coutinho was on the periphery. I'd say Salah was more like Coutinho when we signed him from Roma

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    There's differences between Coutinho and Salah.

I believe Salah would have stayed if we matched his contract demands. Coutinho wanted out and was linked for a a while before. That deal didn't come down to contracts.

He's already a legend here. Coutinho wasn't. Salah is a global, world-class player. Coutinho was on the periphery. I'd say Salah was more like Coutinho when we signed him from Roma
    Remember its not about money Salah said so !

If it was a case of pay him £350k a week we would probably do it the issue is when you do that you have all your players wanting big shifts on wages too.

I thought he'd sign a contract but its obvious he wont now.

I agree he is a legend playing wise but if he goes on a free to City you think our fans will respect him I wont for one.

How things stand I see city running away with it sadly, which is why I'd rather get some money for salah and start a little rebuild now than let him go on a free..

Unless we make another good signing

We'll miss mane more than we realise I think.

I like Diaz but nowhere near as clinical, obviously alot will come down to how Nunez does.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.