Page 47 of 681 FirstFirst ... 374041424344454647484950515253545797147547 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

SportBild suggesting Bellingham will cost £103m or more as Dortmund have taken the price up (from £86m or so) - not sure if that's for this Summer or next.

That's a lot of Wonga. If Milner and Ox both move on next Summer and he would be willing to take a sensible wage (ie not starting on £200k-per-week) then I could see us bidding if we are absolutely sure on him - but we'd need to be to justify that outlay.

We're not an Oil State - we can't drop £40m on nearly every signing and then shrug it off / absorb the loss if we get it wrong. No wonder we do due diligence on our targets.

Keita is the only big signing that hasn't fully met expectations and even then he hasn't a "disaster" - more a "not quite" - needs to be available more (wasn't injured too often in 21/22 thankfully) and have more games like the one at Old Trafford.

Any news on this midfielder we need to bring in yet? tic tok tic tok tic tok

Still a bit gutted about Tchouameni, he was the real deal for No6 or either No8 role on either side, a player like that isn't going to come around very often, still think if we'd gone hard after him while Real were still putting all their eggs in the Mbappe basket it could have worked out, I miss Edwards already
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Miss Edwards why is he paying players out his own pocket ??!!

Touchy Feely would have known MONTHS in advance Madrid wanted him its not like clubs dont have multiple deals on the go.

Like Bellingham he has achieved nothing, cost £100m and would want £200k a week.

Its getting to be a f**king joke fees and wages now soon Ollie Watkins will be a £100m player.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Any news on this midfielder we need to bring in yet? tic tok tic tok tic tok

Still a bit gutted about Tchouameni, he was the real deal for No6 or either No8 role on either side, a player like that isn't going to come around very often, still think if we'd gone hard after him while Real were still putting all their eggs in the Mbappe basket it could have worked out, I miss Edwards already
    This is going to be your narrative all season, isn't it...
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We went hard after Nuñez instead. The club has priorities that evidently are not shared or enjoyed by you. But that's the situation.

Plus
    1) the transfer department may disagree with you about his attributes
    2) they may have heard early on he wasn't going to come to us
    3) they may have decided he was not worth the fee
    4) they may be allocating the fee elsewhere, such as Bellingham next year

Who knows. Complaining about it ad infinitum however is going to be a dull read

Pep Lijnders has arrived back to work early to watch the academy this week.

He is deciding which youngsters will be joining Jürgen Klopp’s pre season squad for the upcoming schedule starting next week.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    This is going to be your narrative all season, isn't it...
    Same shit ! Different season

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Same shit ! Different season
    But we need dear 19x and I think he needs this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    But we need dear 19x and I think he needs this forum!
    Can't quite tell if there isn't a spot of sarcasm in there mate.

Same owners, same manager, same transfer strategy