Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Most of that, however much people dislike it, is undeniable fact, not a matter of opinion or subjectivity

If someone were to state Thiago had regularly released our forwards and full backs, with the right kind of passes they thrive on played early when it was on, or that he had successfully made the play at any point in the last 3 years, which obviously has doing those things as a mandatory requirement, it'd just been an outright lie - Barely a goal, assist or pass before the assist to his name, yet Mac Allister manages a pass before the assist first game
    That was not my point mate ! I don't believe any of the members on the forum are stupid,they all heard you make these points the first 50 fucking times you made them and as we don't get too many new members,there is absolutely no need to keep on repeating it to the same members.So i just suggested to move on from it and refrain from boring us for another season,with the exact same shyte.
    Last edited by fagin; 14th August 2023 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Mixed feelings about the Caicedo fiasco now it’s finally settled. On the one hand, he looks like an excellent player that we desperately need. On the other hand, there’s no way he’s worth £115 million. No way on earth. Also, it’s semantics, but I didn’t really want us to be have the Premier League record transfer. I don’t think it’s a record to be proud of.

Assuming we still have a substantial transfer kitty, let’s not fuck around for three weeks. I’d like us to get an offer in for Lavia with our own deadline attached to it; basically, take it or leave it. I definitely don’t want to get in another bidding war with Chelsea or anyone else for that matter.
    Fully agree on all of that SB.

Saw an article this morning Lavia has decided on Chavski as well....
    With the money they are spending they will have to sell. FSG will probably in the market to pick up a couple of their cheap cast offs....

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    With the money they are spending they will have to sell. FSG will probably in the market to pick up a couple of their cheap cast offs....
    There are still plenty of good players possibly more in Europe out there looking to be selected
    But coming from where we are,looking very desperate we will see inflated prices because they will know of our situation in the markets.Or their agents for sure will.

Most owners have usually studied their prospective new signings for awhile,we have left that a little late to do.
    Last edited by fagin; 14th August 2023 at 08:29 AM.

We’ll see over the next day or so where Lavia goes but if he does end up at Chelsea so be it.

FSG clearly didn’t want to pay £50m so I can’t see them matching Chelsea’s £55m. It would be stupid if they did.

Hopefully there are other targets that are well within budget but I get the feeling now other clubs will bump up the prices knowing we were willing to spend £110 on Moses.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    We’ll see over the next day or so where Lavia goes but if he does end up at Chelsea so be it.

FSG clearly didn’t want to pay £50m so I can’t see them matching Chelsea’s £55m. It would be stupid if they did.

Hopefully there are other targets that are well within budget but I get the feeling now other clubs will bump up the prices knowing we were willing to spend £110 on Moses.
    I did read i think it was Talksport that he did have a preference in a move to us.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    I also read that we will match the 55mil and he wants to come to us. Most of these reports haven't a clue. Although if we end paying the 55mil when we could have it wrapped up 2 weeks ago for 50mil, we will look like we don't have a clue

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    I also read that we will match the 55mil and he wants to come to us. Most of these reports haven't a clue. Although if we end paying the 55mil when we could have it wrapped up 2 weeks ago for 50mil, we will look like we don't have a clue
    For an intelligent and successful organization as is FSG we sure set ourselves up for failure.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    For an intelligent and successful organization as is FSG we sure set ourselves up for failure.
    Because they won't pay vastly more than what they think a player is worth?

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    we don't have one... But to think its come to this. a 19 year old whos only played an handful of games in the top division will cost 55 million if he goes to Chelsea. its mental.. 55 million would pay for nearly every squad in the 5th tier or something like that
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century