Page 51 of 681 FirstFirst ... 4144454647484950515253545556575861101151551 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    With Salah signed up now, would you say Bellingham is the best player to add right now if possible?
    If we look towards the future, it's hard to think of many better.

In attack we have Jota, Diaz, Núñez and Carvalho in the under-26 age bracket. All talented.

In defence we have Trent, Konate, Gomez and Ramsay in that under-26 bracket as well.

To think we could get someone in next Summer that is English, idolises Gerrard, could learn from Henderson (a brilliant role model) and grow under Klopp, with a lot of talent to work with, coming into our oldest and most injury-prone section of the pitch - think we would all be delighted with that. He could contribute immediately but could also contribute for a decade.

The next step for us in terms of recruitment will be to get one or two more in long before superstar status - imagine getting Bellingham from Birmingham rather than from Dortmund, or Haaland from Salzburg rather than from Dortmund, as examples. I think Carvalho is one that could have gone to Dortmund (or whoever) and been worth three times as much in a couple of years so am delighted we got him in now.

But yes, Bellingham ticks multiple boxes, particularly in the sphere of succession-planning with top talent. Would be brilliant for example if we one day saw a midfield three of Elliott, Jones and Bellingham if all three were good enough on merit to warrant that.

I agree Sid

Adeyemi to dortmund is another, I think that player will be incredible in a few years.

Could of been a Firmino replacement.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

In attack we have Jota, Diaz, Núñez and Carvalho in the under-26 age bracket. All talented.

In defence we have Trent, Konate, Gomez and Ramsay in that under-26 bracket as well.

To think we could get someone in next Summer that is English, idolises Gerrard, could learn from Henderson (a brilliant role model) and grow under Klopp, with a lot of talent to work with, coming into our oldest and most injury-prone section of the pitch - think we would all be delighted with that. He could contribute immediately but could also contribute for a decade.

The next step for us in terms of recruitment will be to get one or two more in long before superstar status - imagine getting Bellingham from Birmingham rather than from Dortmund, or Haaland from Salzburg rather than from Dortmund, as examples. I think Carvalho is one that could have gone to Dortmund (or whoever) and been worth three times as much in a couple of years so am delighted we got him in now.

But yes, Bellingham ticks multiple boxes, particularly in the sphere of succession-planning with top talent. Would be brilliant for example if we one day saw a midfield three of Elliott, Jones and Bellingham if all three were good enough on merit to warrant that.
    Think Elliot will be looking for minutes in Salahs absence at Rwf, say the league and fa cup games. Sub minutes elsewhere in PL and CL at rwf.

Only seen Bellingham play a few times myself, so interested what others think.
    We'll very likely need 2 signings for midfield by the start of next season, be good to get one in this summer

Although no-one has mentioned the subject(COVID) of late,i wasn't sure where to post i did look back for an old thread.
    Anyway my Doctor always ensures me i am in excellent physical condition but i got an email a couple weeks ago to tell me a 2nd Booster shot my choice of type between Pfizer and Moderna had been reserved and to contact my local Pharmacy to book appt.-
    I thought long about it and made an appt based on i had had 2 shots plus booster already so picked pfizer as before.
    Wondered if anyone on the site has had their 2nd Booster and what they thought
    The reason i got my other doses was for prospective travel to the UK which was cancelled several times over Covid. Even though i will be there this year to visit my family and don't need the booster i still got it.
    Last year when my flights were cancelled my Mum and Sister contracted Covid they both are ok and i credit the Shots as my Mum was 97 in June.
    Last edited by fagin; 5th July 2022 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Although no-one has mentioned the subject(COVID) of late,i wasn't sure where to post i did look back for an old thread.
    Anyway my Doctor always ensures me i am in excellent physical condition but i got an email a couple weeks ago to tell me a 2nd Booster shot my choice of type between Pfizer and Moderna had been reserved and to contact my local Pharmacy to book appt.-
    I thought long about it and made an appt based on i had had 2 shots plus booster already so picked pfizer as before.
    Wondered if anyone on the site has had their 2nd Booster and what they thought
    The reason i got my other doses was for prospective travel to the UK which was cancelled several times over Covid. Even though i will be there this year to visit my family and don't need the booster i still got it.
    Last year when my flights were cancelled my Mum and Sister contracted Covid they both are ok and i credit the Shots as my Mum was 97 in June.
    The human brain is a very sophisticated organ. It works day and night from the moment you are born, until... you turn on the news.!

I’m not going near those things Fagin.
    We are pretty much certain they don’t work, there is good evidence they make things worse, and Geert Van den Bosch thinks they may make things much much worse, and then there’s the potential for clotting and myocarditis which should increase with each dose.

I am unable to respond it keeps blocking me

Thanks for the response although very negative LOL hopefully the report is wrong and i am right hahaha

If i last long enough i'll be sure to come on here and post so you don't assume it got me.LOL
    Last edited by fagin; 5th July 2022 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

I just popped onto the forum to ask ...why don't we just go get him? ..get him under Klopps development now.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    I just popped onto the forum to ask ...why don't we just go get him? ..get him under Klopps development now.
    Because apparently Dortmund are unwilling to sell him this transfer window after having already let Haaland go.

And since he has 3 years left in his contract, they're under no compulsion or obligation to do anything even if a suitor rolls up with their asking price (103 Million apparently).

I don't entirely blame them.
    I don't think their fanbase would take it too well if they sold off their two biggest stars and had no players in to replace them. And as it stands, even just keeping up with the big bad Bavarian bear in their league is a tough ask under the best of circumstances.

By all accounts, Klopp wants him and he also wants to come here, but both sides are willing to wait out the year to get the deal done next summer.

The big risk, of course is that Dortmund might be more interested in a bidding war when the time comes, and reports are that the likes of Real Madrid, PSG and Chelsea might be interested in stealing him for themselves - all of which tends to add up to a bidding war.
    .....which we don't want to find ourselves in.

I hope the club can organize some sort of pre-transfer window agreement like in January to lock him down for a summer move, and maybe send some players Dortmund's way to help sweeten the deal and help mitigate them inviting bids from other clubs.

He would indeed be a great long-term prospect for like the next 10 years, as our club's midfield lynchpin and Hendo's natural successor.

I just salivate at the thought of a midfield of him, Harvey/Cavarlho and possibly Hendo/Fabby to pivot them, with a front three of Diaz, Jota/Nunez and Mo.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    I am unable to respond it keeps blocking me

Thanks for the response although very negative LOL hopefully the report is wrong and i am right hahaha

If i last long enough i'll be sure to come on here and post so you don't assume it got me.LOL
    You did ask!

Hopefully this will all disappear at some point. Probably when WWIII starts