Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Because they are the selling club and they wanted 50mil..
    Didn't realise the selling club always got the price they asked for. It's clear the people critising the club here have never negeotiated anything in their life.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    What do you value Caicedo at?
    Again, rumours were Brighton wanted 100mil from Chelsea. Chelsea were at 80mil..then went to 90mil from reports. We went in at 110mil I think? So we went 10mil over asking price.

So again why haggle for 2mil for Lavia when 50mil sorted it out 2 weeks ago.

Didn't realise the selling club always got the price they asked for. It's clear the people critising the club here have never negeotiated anything in their life.
    Im not saying they do, but they held firm. And look them now, looking at getting 55mil for a player that they only wanted 50mil for. So guess Southampton are masters at this eh?

Im not saying they do, but they held firm. And look them now, looking at getting 55mil for a player that they only wanted 50mil for. So guess Southampton are masters at this eh?
    So what? Good for them if they get £55m for a 19 year old. Were Liverpool supposed to read their crystal ball and know that Chelsea would put in an offer of 55m? If nobody else comes in we get him for £48m. If someone bids silly prices we move on.

Last season macallister stood out way way more than caicedo. Think we have dodged 2 large bullets with caicedo and lavia TBH. But time to get the finger out now and get a top DM in..........and no lidl middle aisle shit looking for another melo waste of time

So what? Good for them if they get £55m for a 19 year old. Were Liverpool supposed to read their crystal ball and know that Chelsea would put in an offer of 55m? If nobody else comes in we get him for £48m. If someone bids silly prices we move on.
    Or we go back and pay the 55mil if we want him. But, you asked why didn't Southampton accept the 48mil. I gave my reasons. And they might have been right to hold out.

Whereas we could have paid the "measly 2mil" and have him signed up and ready for our next match.

Now we are still 2 midfielders light.

As I said they are negeotations. If "it's only 2m" then why didn't Brighton take £48m?
    Hang on we are getting a little confused here,the 48m was to Southampton for Lavia.
    Negotiations for Caicedo was with Brighton although the other bidder was Chelsea for both.

Again, rumours were Brighton wanted 100mil from Chelsea. Chelsea were at 80mil..then went to 90mil from reports. We went in at 110mil I think? So we went 10mil over asking price.

So again why haggle for 2mil for Lavia when 50mil sorted it out 2 weeks ago.
    My guess is they already thought £48m for Lavia was overpriced based on their initial valuation but were prepared to give a bit to get him in. I'll be surprised if they match £55m.

Caicedo is a different player with a different valuation and a different situation. They probably went right in with their best offer to see if they could snatch him. If not, we move on. It's not like there are only 2 DMs in the world that would do us.

And I should add, I think 50mil is too much for a 19year old with 29games under his belt. Always said that. But if we go back with a 55mil bid, we look stupid., again.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Hang on we are getting a little confused here,the 48m was to Southampton for Lavia.
    Negotiations for Caicedo was with Brighton although the other bidder was Chelsea for both.
    Yeah my mistake but the same point stands. It's a negeotation and if 2m doesn't mean anything then S'ton should have accepted £48m. The logic works both ways.