Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

The Lavia £60m bid is as mental as the last 72 hours, so I’m not surprised, but it needs to be our final bid, with a proper “deadline”, not some arbitrary line in the sand. If Chelsea want to pay more… good luck but we’re moving on. Take it or leave it.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

I don't recall lavia playing in a game but all his YouTube clips seem to be of him running with the ball and passing.

One noted a key stat that while he attempts as many tackles as Caicedo, his success is significantly lower. Oh he's also not great at heading.

Sounds like a keita (but fit, so far) to me.
    Would Def prefer palhinha, he was a beast in the tackle everytime I've seen him play.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Brighton going for Carlos baleba at lille. 16million.maybe we should just buy him?
    We absolutely should conduct business like that - but there would be no end to the "why are we always so cheap?" stuff so it's a Catch 22.

There will be thousands of Reds online today complaining about the Lavia fee who will have said "just give the selling club what they want" dozens of times throughout their lives. Well Southampton got what they wanted and we have given the Sports-washers some money in the process, so hopefully they're pleased...

Can't work out from all the online gossip and rumours..is Lavia coming to Liverpool or going to Chelsea? Seems unclear. Chelsea saying he prefers Chelsea and stuff. Maybe he is pissed off with Liverpool that they faffed around with the original deal.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Can't work out from all the online gossip and rumours..is Lavia coming to Liverpool or going to Chelsea? Seems unclear. Chelsea saying he prefers Chelsea and stuff. Maybe he is pissed off with Liverpool that they faffed around with the original deal.
    From a game time point of view it's a no brainer for him to choose LFC, especially when he'd be competing with Caicedo at Chelsea. However I wouldn't blame him at all for pieing Liverpool off.

In terms of recruitment, I would prioritise getting "the next" Joe Shields over any player.

He is Chelsea Director of Recruitment. He was at Southampton for a few months, at Man City before that that as part of their Academy set-up. He recruited Lavia for both Man City and Southampton to do with the timeline of things.

Anyone and everyone we could poach from sides like Sevilla, Porto, Brighton and Southampton would be welcomed. There are thousands of talents out there and I want us to start getting them in quicker and cheaper.

Now is the perfect time to do it as well. We have a number of options (need more of course) at the club now, some of whom will likely be here for 3-6 years or more. Get out and get recruiting (some can be developed via loans if necessary) so we can bolster ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We absolutely should conduct business like that - but there would be no end to the "why are we always so cheap?" stuff so it's a Catch 22.

There will be thousands of Reds online today complaining about the Lavia fee who will have said "just give the selling club what they want" dozens of times throughout their lives. Well Southampton got what they wanted and we have given the Sports-washers some money in the process, so hopefully they're pleased...
    The point people were moaning about was the fact that Saints had a price they weren't budging on. It's not that people wanted the club to pay 50m for a teenager, it's the fact that if you want a player you have to pay up no matter who he is sometimes.
    Now they've gone 10m what they balked at in the first place. It's bad business no matter what way you look at it and some people will be in deep shit because of it.
    Last edited by teesred; 14th August 2023 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I’m honestly not bothered one way or another. If he feels we disrespected him, good luck to him. Join Chelsea and sit on the bench.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

https://twitter.com/sachatavolieri/status/1690848401477246976

This lad was spot on during the whole saga, reporting our bids and their amount a day or at least a few hours before anybody else.
    But, this is a crazy window, so.....

Not bothered about Caicedo as he was never coming to us but Lavia??

That is a major fuck up of epic proportions.
    Someone is not up to their job…