Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Nah we are still stronger.
    We will smoke a bunch of teams, especially at home.
    Our problem will be the away games where we might get roughed up in midfield. Defending set pieces will be an issue too.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We won't get both.

I imagine Real are open to offers for both with a view to selling one.
    I don't know why they'd sell Valverde. He's an absolute world class player, he's been amazing for them.
    Tchouameni maybe because he hasn't quite settled.
    Also if we did sign Valverde we'd still need a DM because he's not one
    Last edited by teesred; 14th August 2023 at 02:26 PM.

It would be typical of our current transfer “committee” to blow our entire budget on Valverde when we are desperate for a DM

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Jasper and his purple book.
    thanks
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I don't know why they'd sell Valverde. He's an absolute world class player, he's been amazing for them.
    Tchouameni maybe because he hasn't quite settled.
    Also if we did sign Valverde we'd still need a DM because he's not one
    If Valverde is available for the quoted £60-80m price, it makes you wonder why we signed Szobo. If we did sign Valverde, then we'll have a £60m brand new signing sat on the bench... Cant see it somehow.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    It would be typical of our current transfer “committee” to blow our entire budget on Valverde when we are desperate for a DM
    I wonder if there is anyone available to loan - THAT DOESN'T HAVE A DREADFUL INJURY RECORD - to supplement any transfer activity.

I'd rather we had a successful loan for someone to cover a position for depth than, for example's sake, blow £100m on someone worth £60m etc

Don't see it happening as folks will feel burned by Kabak and Arthur - and I certainly don't mean INSTEAD OF acquisitions - but given how Bat-shit crazy the market is I'd entertain the idea for the right player.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    With our current squad we will be no where near the title. Top 4 could be a stretch as it currently stands.

Overall is our squad stronger or weaker than last year? Right now, it's weaker for me.
    I would have said if Henderson and Fab had stayed then definitely. To me Mac and Szobo were replacements for Ox/Keita/Milner.

Now we still need 'first team' players to replace Hendo and Fab.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    With our current squad we will be no where near the title. Top 4 could be a stretch as it currently stands.

Overall is our squad stronger or weaker than last year? Right now, it's weaker for me.
    Yes and no (i know confusing) its the lack of numbers thats the issue. I think in Alexis Mac Allister we have found a second midfielder. the Keita/Henderson role. In Szoboszlai we have replaced a player we havent really had. Was hoping Oxlade was going to be. but that never worked out. other than that we dont really have an attacking centre midfielder.. The likes of Jones plays off the left and Elliot the right..
    Just need DM or maybe 2 and we are sorted.. obviously need a centre back but thats less likely at the moment.

saying that we have Thiago and Bajectic (sp) so may just need 1 more midfielder a defensive midfielder

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I would have said if Henderson and Fab had stayed then definitely. To me Mac and Szobo were replacements for Ox/Keita/Milner.

my points exactly

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post

Yes, if they had stayed.. But right now, I thínk the squad is weaker. Top 4 could be a struggle..