Page 52 of 681 FirstFirst ... 24245464748495051525354555657585962102152552 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    You did ask!

Hopefully this will all disappear at some point. Probably when WWIII starts
    Yes I did too ! Hopefully if i survive the SHOTS i survive WW111 too. Like i said i'll be sure and let you guys know.

Life's already too short to worry about it mate !

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    I just popped onto the forum to ask ...why don't we just go get him? ..get him under Klopps development now.
    Crimson's answer has you covered.

Henderson
    Thiago
    Fabinho
    Keita
    Milner
    Jones
    Elliott
    Ox
    (before considering Morton developing)

In terms of both squad places and cash flow (as well as Dortmund's stance) I think keeping Milner on and Ox being linked more with seeing out his last year than leaving says everything.

The only situation I would slightly fear for this season would be if sent Morton on loan and then accepted a bid on the last day of the window for Ox - we'd have 7 players then for the midfield 3 rather than 8 - but even if that occured I'm sure we'd tweak formation for a couple of weeks or use Carvalho or Firmino if absolutely necessary.

Bellingham joining would be brilliant. Our crop of (currently) 25-or-unders looks really promising and we'll only add to that group via transfers and the Academy. Midfield is the obvious area to target first.

Bear in mind that we had agreed terms with Tchoumeni (sp). So a midfielder was on the cards.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Divock Origi with 1 goal and Mané with 1 goal are the only goals we have scored from open play in last 5 Cup finals and 510 minutes of football. When the game is that big and players concentrate that much - we don’t create.

We need a more dynamic midfield and it’s beyond obvious now.

We would have won twice what we have this last 4 years with a couple of quality additions in there.

It is starting to look like Klopp is the stumbling block on this issue. I always felt he had a blind spot.

Coutinho scored in the 6th Cup final - Klopp’s second as manager in the 1.1 v City. And Sturridge scored 1 in his first.

So 4 goals in 750 minutes of football. It’s a poor haul whatever anyone says. It’s the same number of goals Real scored v us in the 90 minutes of the 2018 final and against us this May

This is worthy of discussion - we all like to talk about the successes but this is a clear issue. It has ultimately cost us titles and cup finals alike.

Grrrrrrrr
    Last edited by Steveo; 5th July 2022 at 11:45 AM.

We had chances though - especially in the CL against Madrid.

Chelsea in the Caraboa cup - how Mane didn't score the rebound, and Matip's "offside"

I agree that we need something in midfield.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Finals are bit of a crap shoot. You're more than likely to play against the very best sides, which in turn means you're less likely to score in them and more likely to concede in them.

How both domestic finals ended 0-0 I will never know!
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Klopp likes Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago as his first choice midfield. All the others are for rotation.

I think he is probably reluctant to sign, say, Rice, because that would disrupt his preferred three, who he likes and is happy with. The fact that forum doesn’t agree with him is what we are debating about.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Bear in mind that we had agreed terms with Tchoumeni (sp). So a midfielder was on the cards.
    True, though I think in such circumstances one of Milner or Ox (likely Ox unless he'd dug his heels in) would be off.

Totally agree Steveo re finals, I was saying this the other day. We need a tactical rethink as to how we play in them. We don’t concede many but our scoring record is atrocious.