Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I love how everything gets soooooo stressed out after one game of the season.. We just need to sign a player with a bit of quality. the doom and gloom is just a bit over the top.
    Lets be realistic here its no where has bad as the media is portraying it or other teams. Lets just stick together and beat Bournemouth.. The pressures on the likes of Newcastle/Chelsea and Arsenal.. the latter will wobble they always do.. Newcastle will find it difficult to play 3 times a week in a lot of weeks coming through the season. and Chelsea will always find it difficult to score goals.
    no matter who they have up front.. The pressure its not just on us to perform.. So lets not get stressed out to the levels its been in recent days.
    Your actually right. We don't need a lot to be added to be very competitive. The doom and gloom is how everything has unfded in the last 48 hours. Getting rejected by 2 players in a position we need to fill isn't a good look. But there has to be others out there at more reasonable prices.

A good win at home to Bournemouth will lift spirits. But we still need 2 midfielders and a cb.

It's great being a Liverpool fan. Best manager. Best stadium. Best fans. Best songs. Won everything. Great atmosphere in the squad.
    Would some of you rather be city fans or chelsea?
    The only time i didn't feel that way was under Hodgson. You can't appoint someone from the south of England to manage Liverpool. The players he brought in didn't get Liverpool either.
    I was even thinking about going to watch Tranmere.
    It's a fantastic time to be a Liverpool supporter. Who gets excited watching city? Nobody. I don't mind jeopardy in games. We want it to be valuable when we do win.

Courting Lavia all summer and he obviously wants to be a bench warmer on big wages

How Chelsea are getting away with it

UEFA responded to Chelsea's innovative approach to player contracts this summer by setting a five-year limit for transfer fees to be paid irrespective of the length of the deal, but in the Premier League there is no such restriction.

The £115million fee Chelsea have agreed with Brighton for Caicedo can therefore be spread over the eight years of the Ecuador midfield player's contract, while the new UEFA ruling will not affect Mauricio Pochettino's side this season as they have not qualified for Europe.

UEFA's new five-year limit will not apply to any Chelsea signings until next summer at the earliest, when the Premier League are expected to have brought in similar regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    Courting Lavia all summer and he obviously wants to be a bench warmer on big wages
    Praps they'll loan him out so he can get games. He hasn't played for Southampton with all this circus going on.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    It's great being a Liverpool fan. Best manager. Best stadium. Best fans. Best songs. Won everything. Great atmosphere in the squad.
    Would some of you rather be city fans or chelsea?
    The only time i didn't feel that way was under Hodgson. You can't appoint someone from the south of England to manage Liverpool. The players he brought in didn't get Liverpool either.
    I was even thinking about going to watch Tranmere.
    It's a fantastic time to be a Liverpool supporter. Who gets excited watching city? Nobody. I don't mind jeopardy in games. We want it to be valuable when we do win.
    What a ridiculous post.

Littered with nonsense too. So a Black Forrest German is ok but someone from the South of England isn’t.

Plank

And not only is Anfield clearly not the best stadium - it is one of least inspiring of any of the great clubs of Europe. At least from a functional perspective. A total mess.

The atmosphere is often the best BUT that is made by the fans. Ask Ian what the Wanda was like.

And another thing / there is nothing wrong with Tranmere,

Hardly another alonso out there somewhere lads is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    And not only is Anfield clearly not the best stadium - it is one of least inspiring of any of the great clubs of Europe. At least from a functional perspective. A total mess.

The atmosphere is often the best BUT that is made by the fans. Ask Ian what the Wanda was like.
    Your the one that wanted us to leave to Anfield right??
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century