Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    It's OK we can afford it, now our backroom is down to the bare bones. The cynic in me wonders if FSG "got rid" of those backroom players to free up funds for any incoming transfers.
    What a shit show.
    Paul Joyce is being credited as saying we have no agreement with Southampton. Chelsea wage offer is way beyond ours.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    It's OK we can afford it, now our backroom is down to the bare bones. The cynic in me wonders if FSG "got rid" of those backroom players to free up funds for any incoming transfers.
    What a shit show.
    It’s no stretch… Quite likely true.

Agree with both posts.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I love how everything gets soooooo stressed out after one game of the season.. We just need to sign a player with a bit of quality. the doom and gloom is just a bit over the top.
    Lets be realistic here its no where has bad as the media is portraying it or other teams. Lets just stick together and beat Bournemouth.. The pressures on the likes of Newcastle/Chelsea and Arsenal.. the latter will wobble they always do.. Newcastle will find it difficult to play 3 times a week in a lot of weeks coming through the season. and Chelsea will always find it difficult to score goals.
    no matter who they have up front.. The pressure its not just on us to perform.. So lets not get stressed out to the levels its been in recent days.
    It's a summer where 2 DM's in Rice & Caicedo will go for €116.6 mill & reportedly £115 mill.
    Tots - £215.34 mill or €250.23 mill by todays exchange

Neymar the world record transfer fee €222 mill in 2017.
    Lavia close to Suarez £65 mill back in 2014. Just shows the inflation in fees.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyliver View Post
    I know what your saying mate and I like to be positive , but it’s a shambles at the minute , I can’t get out of my head that with Klopp and where we were 2 years ago we should be much further on than where we are.
    Forget for a moment the terrible activity in the transfer market , it should of been a seemless transition the last few years where you let one or two go and being in players you want , we have gone backwards this past 18 months and you can’t sugarcoat that
    Origi & Bobby leaving for nowt.
    Not moving on Keita & Ox, even worse.

Matip & Virgil ageing together, Thiago and Salah are the only real players where age is presently an issue. The rebuild is well under way. Certainly mismanaged and all, however....

You cannot overlook Klopp as some part of transfers and in the allocating of spending on players within the club.
    In my estimations, Klopp hasn't exactly adapted admirably to our strengths when lumped with the pool of players at his disposal.

Yesterday our dilemma as fans was seeing a Klopp side similar to peps best 11 in recent times.
    Say
    Rodri Gundogan Kdb B.Silva Mahrez Halaand
    Versus us yesterday
    MacA Sobozla Gakpo Diaz Jota Salah

If the recruitment side of things fails to deliver, i think we'll add a 6.
    Then as things stand we need to adapt to 4 attackers playing minimum with our squad.

Should get Veiga in now while we're trying to find a DM/No6, Veiga did operate in a double pivot last season

The fuck up here is we've needed a proper DM with all the abilities and mental and physical attributes of a top DM for 4 seasons now and did nothing about it until every other club was looking for one, keeping Fab on past 19-20 has proved a huge error, could have sold him for 70m that summer, bought much better and made a tidy profit

Ugarte, Caiceido and Lavia all missed out on or passed up on
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Not really / just calling out a ridiculous statement.

Enlarge upon why it’s ok for a Northern Irishman, a Frenchman or someone from Scotland or someone from the North East of England or someone from Southern Germany ok to mange this club but Not someone from the South of England…

I just don’t get it? Do you know all people from the south of England like “Know Egyptians”…?
    What was that about zee American owners, a blight and a curse

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    What an absolute shambles. Losing out on two players to that shithouse nothing club.
    Shithouse nothing club throwing money around like it's the day before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    What was that about zee American owners, a blight and a curse
    Well the game is going to pot and imo it all started with Sky and their US centric TV rights setup...and is heading towards a very American incarnation... hence more than half the Prem now being all or part US owned. I am sure there will be a string loosened to allow their gulf buddies to spend with impunity JUST to highlight WHY there needs to be an ESL... at which point.. KABOOM - it's the NFL...

Once again too much fucking about not getting deals done when other clubs focus was elsewhere and a further continuation of the folly of keeping faith with Fab, it's why we didn't sign an actual DM for 4 seasons including missing out on Enzo for 9m last summer

Then he forces the club into long overdue action and they can't get their shit together
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Watched a couple of videos of this Sangare guy. Looks like a lanky Fabinho but even slower and can't pass the ball.

No thank you mistah....

He looks proper sh*te unfortunately...

Even PSV fans don't rate him...... Lol

We should have bought before selling Fabinho.