Page 53 of 681 FirstFirst ... 34346474849505152535455565758596063103153553 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    We had chances though - especially in the CL against Madrid.

Chelsea in the Caraboa cup - how Mane didn't score the rebound, and Matip's "offside"

I agree that we need something in midfield.
    Yes as did Chelsea - so many v us in the League Cup final especially.

Incidentally.. half of the 4 goals we have managed in those 7 finals have been from 2 players no longer with us and half also (just 2) have been scored by out and out strikers..Origi and Sturridge.

Mane just the one goal and Salah with zero (open play). So you could say we also lack a genuine striker..There are always always some chances for any team, but ours in the finals have mainly been half chances really. We Struggle to open teams up when the game is slower, higher quality and much is at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    So you could say we also lack a genuine striker.
    I think Núñez is going to make Reds very happy once he breaks his duck - was absolutely elated when we got him.

I know 2 of them haven't played for us yet and thus we don't yet know exactly how they'll be deployed by Jürgen, but this calendar year we have added Diaz, Carvalho and Núñez. Very excited to see a bit of change without having to tear up our blueprint.

Think Jota will also fancy his chances in terms of competition for places.

Yes Sid - you’re right - it’s why I am so pleased with his capture.

Joe Gomez in fresh talks over a contract extension at #lfc. Securing his future is a key target for new sporting director Julian Ward. Klopp wants to keep him. No approach from #avfc or elsewhere as yet, I’m told. [@RobDorsettSky]

Also mutterings that Nat Phillips may be loaned to Bournemouth. Needless to say I would rather he be sold but a loan to a now Premier League team probably means his value stabilises (or possibly even increases) if he has a good season with them - worth remembering he is 25 and doesn't have many Premier League appearances for his age which will make him a "risk" in the eyes of some would-be bidders.

Owen Beck off on loan to Famalicao in Portugal - think they play in the top division so not a bad move and potentially an early relationship-builder.

Ornstein suggesting Neco Williams to Forest could be done in the coming days - fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    We had chances though - especially in the CL against Madrid.

Chelsea in the Caraboa cup - how Mane didn't score the rebound, and Matip's "offside"

I agree that we need something in midfield.
    Yes, we've tried unsuccessfully to sign that 'something' in midfield with Keita then Thiago, Henderson's surprisingly been our midfielder to have offered most of that 'something' in terms of assists, releasing players to assist and making the play incredibly effectively to the strengths of our other players especially our full backs and working exceptionally well as a more attacking No8 RCM working triangles with Mo and Trent looking to allow either to be found in time and space to create and we got quite a lot of our goals through that last season

For me we need to move fab on and sign a top class No6 if we're not going to play Hendo there

And we could move Thiago and Keita on and sign a midfielder who does bring that something, rather than one who did it in Germany but never translates that to the Premier League or Champions League in the Red of LFC
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Forest close to £16m rising to £20m deal for Neco Williams.

Neco Williams cant be that great if the only team willing to cough up that amount of money is Forest..
    Anyway speaking of Williams is that carthorse Rhys Williams still on our books? Looks like Bambi with Osteoporosis
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Anyway speaking of Williams is that carthorse Rhys Williams still on our books? Looks like Bambi with Osteoporosis
    Ouch!

Started 14 matches for us in all comps in 20/21, made some sub appearances as well, probably 19 or 20 appearances in total. Think we won all but one of the League games he started and a number of those were the high pressure matches on the back end of the season where we ran the risk for a while of missing Champion's League football for 21/22.

Don't think he will "make it" for us but he played a part, however small in the grand scheme.

More like carried by salah

worst CB to ever play for us I think, despite his age.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.