Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Kop On Portugal View Post
    I said that too. It's my feeling
    Or bring in another sick note like Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Look at Fab - a giant for us in the big seasons.... but so many minutes and fell off a cliff last season. Has enough high intensity minutes for someone 2/3 years older.
    He was never the same after that spell in central defence. Serious ammount of games played a fucking beast up till covid his form went to shite after the kiddies came along as well

Quote Originally Posted by Kop On Portugal View Post
    I said that too. It's my feeling
    We are never wrong my friend
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by darrenpotter View Post
    He was never the same after that spell in central defence. Serious ammount of games played a fucking beast up till covid his form went to shite after the kiddies came along as well
    I know its been said loads of times the loss of Wijnaldum was massive.. Henderson Fabinho and he were superb.
    We have tried other 3s and won a lot of games. but that combination has been the best.

tried to be more expansive with a further looking forward players. but lost the ability to control games. .the possession stats prove that in most games.. Its a simple thing teams can not cause you issues if they aint got the ball
    I wonder if Jurgen is not to fussed about that?? Pep would be going mental if his team allowed opponents to dictate the football

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Maybe players do want to play for Klopp but they aren't sure where he'll be next year.
    Maybe you and Steveo are just spreading hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    we'll end up signing no one.. thats how it feels to me
    If we don't and I can't believe we won't. We can't do it 2 summers in a row. But if we don't sign anyone, wait for the propaganda machine to go into overdrive and how we will spend big in January on tchouy or valverde or whoever else is the next big thing.

Everyone has kinda forgotten that we also need a cb while all this is going on. With the money we have surely we could have gotten one of those in while we were messing around with caicedo / Lavia. We are able to do more than 1 deal at once. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    A distinct possibility but I am not - I repeat NOT….coming to your Baptist’s church,

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    If we don't and I can't believe we won't. We can't do it 2 summers in a row. But if we don't sign anyone, wait for the propaganda machine to go into overdrive and how we will spend big in January on tchouy or valverde or whoever else is the next big thing.

Everyone has kinda forgotten that we also need a cb while all this is going on. With the money we have surely we could have gotten one of those in while we were messing around with caicedo / Lavia. We are able to do more than 1 deal at once. Right?
    I know, i agree with all. We just seem to have certain targets and stick to them and end up with no one if we dont get the main target.
    Right now, I don't think anyone knows whos available out there with the quality required for a club our size. Obviously thats down to the recruitment staff.
    Just seems we are incapable of sorting out a DM and another midfielder. and a defender like you have said.
    Thats why i think we won't sign anyone because theres no one out there. well thats how it seems and in these cases we just stick to our guns and just see what happens..massive gamble ain't it.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I know, i agree with all. We just seem to have certain targets and stick to them and end up with no one if we dont get the main target.
    Right now, I don't think anyone knows whos available out there with the quality required for a club our size. Obviously thats down to the recruitment staff.
    Just seems we are incapable of sorting out a DM and another midfielder. and a defender like you have said.
    Thats why i think we won't sign anyone because theres no one out there. well thats how it seems and in these cases we just stick to our guns and just see what happens..massive gamble ain't it.
    In this day and age I find it virtually impossible to imagine that all the top clubs dont have a massive database of players. It looks like we've deleted everything after the first 4 or 5 rows...
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Isn't that what the transfer window is all about?!

Steveo suggested Klopp has lost his aura, I suggested an alternative explanation.

You could just as easily make up that Caicedo and Lavia went to Chelsea because they want the rich variety of experience of playing under several different managers but without changing clubs. Maybe.