Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

  1. #5301
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Isn't that what the transfer window is all about?!

    Steveo suggested Klopp has lost his aura, I suggested an alternative explanation.

    You could just as easily make up that Caicedo and Lavia went to Chelsea because they want the rich variety of experience of playing under several different managers but without changing clubs. Maybe.
    We could also say that they went there because they see Chelsea as a better option for winning trophies.. As you say, many different explanations out there.

  2. #5302
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25,148
    Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    We could also say that they went there because they see Chelsea as a better option for winning trophies.. As you say, many different explanations out there.
    250k-per week for 8 years (with the option of a 9th) probably helps Caicedo as well - and I am sure the agent got some money as well.

  3. #5303
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    250k-per week for 8 years (with the option of a 9th) probably helps Caicedo as well - and I am sure the agent got some money as well.
    Not denying any of that. But they may also see Chelsea as being better suited to help them win stuff. It's OK if they see it like that.

  4. #5304
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Maybe players do want to play for Klopp but they aren't sure where he'll be next year.
    Something definitely stinks...we have European football....but still loose out to Chelsea...third Sporting director in however long.....hmmmmm 🤔

  5. #5305
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23,772
    Seem's we've been so caught up in getting a DM we forget anywhere else..... and we've still failed at that

    Could have got Olise +Disasi + a DM abroad for 111m
    #FSGOUT

    we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

  6. #5306
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    15,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    250k-per week for 8 years (with the option of a 9th) probably helps Caicedo as well - and I am sure the agent got some money as well.
    Exactly this. No player is turning that down which makes it more puzzling why we even entered into a battle with them.

  7. #5307
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    23,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Isn't that what the transfer window is all about?!

    Steveo suggested Klopp has lost his aura, I suggested an alternative explanation.

    You could just as easily make up that Caicedo and Lavia went to Chelsea because they want the rich variety of experience of playing under several different managers but without changing clubs. Maybe.
    I never said any such thing...

  8. #5308
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    24,234
    Caicedo will have the shits put up him when he comes to Anfield.. he will make an error or 2
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

  9. #5309
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    26,933
    Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Not denying any of that. But they may also see Chelsea as being better suited to help them win stuff. It's OK if they see it like that.
    Caicedo was linked with arsenal back in January who have CL football after a good season.
    He didn't end up there as they went for Rice.

    He then opted for chelsea who have no European football over LFC and europa.

    Maybe he thinks chelsea have the best longer term chances of winning titles, maybe he picked them just to be close to family or maybe he picked the club who paid the most wages. Who knows what happens in the future but he opted for the worst option at the minute.

  10. #5310
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,512
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Caicedo was linked with arsenal back in January who have CL football after a good season.
    He didn't end up there as they went for Rice.

    He then opted for chelsea who have no European football over LFC and europa.

    Maybe he thinks chelsea have the best longer term chances of winning titles, maybe he picked them just to be close to family or maybe he picked the club who paid the most wages. Who knows what happens in the future but he opted for the worst option at the minute.
    Only time will tell us that CCTV. They have a decent manager. A LOT of new players however.

    As for the worst option, that's a matter of opinion. If he joined us, we would be better equipped to offer him success. But he didn't see it like that.

Similar Threads

  1. Contracts and Squad
    By Insidious in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 242
    Last Post: 26th January 2021, 10:02 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •