Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I never said any such thing...
    My apologies, you said: "It will look like it’s the end of an era with Jurgen. The aura blown to bits."

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Only time will tell us that CCTV. They have a decent manager. A LOT of new players however.

As for the worst option, that's a matter of opinion. If he joined us, we would be better equipped to offer him success. But he didn't see it like that.
    Of Arsenal, LFC or Chelsea I fail to see how you make the case for Chelsea.

They're just over the €600 mill mark for net spend between last season and this season.
    300 mill net spend per year for a decade = a 3 billion net spend over a decade.

Maybe the toddy can keep that level of spending up, not sure how he will do it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    My apologies, you said: "It will look like it’s the end of an era with Jurgen. The aura blown to bits."
    And it will. I imagine you have enough of a brain to see why your claim is completely false?

"It will look like it’s the end of an era with Jurgen"

The meaning is pretty clear. Especially when you see what it was in response to. The fact that 2 players are choosing to play for Chelsea over us - after the calamity at that club and after what we have won of late - beating them in 2 cup finals just over a year ago..

I am suggesting that it looks like Klopp is going to walk. Or at least like players and agents THINK he may be. OR that he has almost no say in the running of the club anymore. Which is what I have also stated.

The logic being... that agents and players who once would have chosen us over Chelsea - despite us not winning a bean..(Ahem Oxlade) are now choosing a club they feel is more well placed.

The Aura of Liverpool FC gone.. back to where it was post Klopp. Unable to attract players over Arsenal, Chelsea or United

"The aura blown to bits.""

Who could say - (nob protectors apart...) in light of Caicedo and Lavia.. that it doesn't look like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    And it will. I imagine you have enough of a brain to see why your claim is completely false?
    And I imagine you have enough of a brain to see why your statement was ambiguous and open to interpretation. Which is why I used the word "suggested", because that's what your statement suggested to me. But now you've explained yourself in more detail so thanks for clearing that up.

I agree with you that something seems very wrong regarding our ability to attract top players. I don't see Klopp walking though

I don't think it was ambiguous in its context. I guess at a glance you could take it to mean what you say, but for me - even orphaned...I think it clearly stops short of any reference to Klopp's aura, The end of an era yes.. but that's what I was meaning when saying the aura would be gone. Gone with the exit of Klopp.

I honestly believe FSG and no Klopp = Bejam.. . Perhaps a few agents and players feel the same?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Caicedo was linked with arsenal back in January who have CL football after a good season.
    He didn't end up there as they went for Rice.

He then opted for chelsea who have no European football over LFC and europa.

Maybe he thinks chelsea have the best longer term chances of winning titles, maybe he picked them just to be close to family or maybe he picked the club who paid the most wages. Who knows what happens in the future but he opted for the worst option at the minute.
    well he's got time on his hands for the project to take shape...

Does my nut in poch ain't won nothing Klopps won everything and you're guaranteed game time at Liverpool Football

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Of Arsenal, LFC or Chelsea I fail to see how you make the case for Chelsea.

They're just over the €600 mill mark for net spend between last season and this season.
    300 mill net spend per year for a decade = a 3 billion net spend over a decade.

Maybe the toddy can keep that level of spending up, not sure how he will do it myself.
    I'm not trying to make a case for them. Simply saying some players might look at them as having a better chance of winning than us. The spending is something the player might look at and go, Chelsea are on the up and Liverpool are struggling to get players in.

Are you that confident that won't finish above us this year?

Olise going there now as well.....should be fun when poch loses the dressing room

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    well he's got time on his hands for the project to take shape...

Does my nut in poch ain't won nothing Klopps won everything and you're guaranteed game time at Liverpool Football
    Poch hasn't won anything but will be seen over time if he can with Chelsea. He did fáil in France with Psg when he really should be winning the league.

Caicedo will play for Chelsea, it's Lavia thats risking sitting on the bench.

Overall, the lads on here are right, money, London was more than likely the deciding factor.