Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Purely down to London and money, no way it’s a Poch over Klopp thing.
    Seven and eight year contracts gives players more security and Caicedo wanted to be living in the south, so again absolutely nothing to do with Klopp losing his pull.

The club as a whole however have made a complete balls of the whole situation, had they concentrated on bringing in a player who had already agreed to come to us and not started chasing a player who was never coming, none of this would have happened.

We now look foolish but not because we’ve lost our pull.

Lavia may well end up one of those players who has sold his career for money. There's no way its a better opportunity at Chelsea. Not arsed about him at all, just pissed about how the whole debacle has played out.

Who knows, Caicedo might have chose Chavsea for its eating establishments for his Mother. I suggest them trying The Chelsea Pig in old church street.

Caceido is going to be on 300k a week after a decent year with Brighton. It took Salah 4 seasons of being world class to reach that level of money with us

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    £250k-per week for 8 years (with the option of a 9th) probably helps Caicedo as well - and I am sure the agent got some money as well.
    We have a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I don't think it was ambiguous in its context. I guess at a glance you could take it to mean what you say, but for me - even orphaned...I think it clearly stops short of any reference to Klopp's aura, The end of an era yes.. but that's what I was meaning when saying the aura would be gone. Gone with the exit of Klopp.

I honestly believe FSG and no Klopp = Bejam.. . Perhaps a few agents and players feel the same?
    You write so much nonsense it's difficult to make sense of any of it.

How much would you like to bet that Klopp is here till the end of the season? Put up or shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    I'm not trying to make a case for them. Simply saying some players might look at them as having a better chance of winning than us. The spending is something the player might look at and go, Chelsea are on the up and Liverpool are struggling to get players in.

Are you that confident that won't finish above us this year?
    Fair points. Maybe he's a Chelsea fanboy, who knows. The spending whilst flashy isn't very sustainable. Not within revenue.

Anyway, good question.

I'd fancy Klopp to have us above chelsea, but who knows. Though I thought he was poor enough last year all the same.

Transfers is one side of the game, managing a squad and adapting to suit. Room to improve.
    Transfers likewise, room to improve.

Klopp will be gone at season's end unless investment comes into the club pronto. That or a buyout....
    He's getting fed up trying to muster Michelin star produce out the back of a chip van....
    I for one won't begrudge him walking off. He's too good for these frauds. His back teeth must be ground out fibbing for their 'transfer strategy (charade)....
    We'll look back on his 8+ years here and think; "Oh for the right owners, what could have been".....
    Too many false dawns. Too many false windows......

Chelsea fans are very confident on social media about how successful their signings are going to be. I recall their club couldn't get anything out of a couple of players called Mo Salah and Kevin De Bruyne early in their careers. Wonder what happened to them🤣

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Fair points. Maybe he's a Chelsea fanboy, who knows. The spending whilst flashy isn't very sustainable. Not within revenue.

Anyway, good question.

I'd fancy Klopp to have us above chelsea, but who knows. Though I thought he was poor enough last year all the same.

Transfers is one side of the game, managing a squad and adapting to suit. Room to improve.
    Transfers likewise, room to improve.
    The spending isn't sustainable. I guessing they think by getting all these highly rated young players in, the spending will drop off significantly. Massive risk.

Klopp wasn't brilliant last year. Already I don't like Gakpo in midfield. He isn't a midfielder. Play your midfielders there. But I think that highlights our squad issues.

I think as a 1st 11 we aren't too far off the top teams. But the squad will hurt us. We will get injuries (thiago, Konate, jota). We definitly need a defensive mid. And I would love another cb that could challenge Konate and virgil. Im hoping for top 4 more than expecting it, right now.