Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Al Nassr is who made enquiries on Allison and Laporte (Ronaldo and Mane play for them)

City have accepted their bid for Laporte.
    How much is Laporte going for? I would have taken him, price dependent.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    In a side note. Links with Doucoure have restarted. 60m.
    I wouldn't want to pay that much. However, it's all relative.

I would be pleasantly surprised if he goes for less than £70m given the market and then recently losing Olise and Zaha. Given the circumstances and his statistical history (plus our situation) I think I'd hit the "aww feck it" button and go for it.

At Lens he showed in his final year that he could pass the ball well, intercept regularly and progress the ball from deep-lying positions. He wasn't an elite tackler, but was good.

Fast forward to recent times at Palace and he doesn't look as good as progressing the ball, but is closer to the elite bracket for the tackling side of things.

So the lad looks reasonably well-rounded over the course of his time at 2 different clubs. Some of the differences in where he showcased his talent will be due to he quality gap between the Leagues and some will be tactical but he probably has "enough" of what we want.

Ideally we could get him and..... let's say......Inacio - then bring Andre in during the January window at his release clause - think it's £40m to get Andre now and £20m in January - get all the paperwork done now ahead of time.

The squad would really be taking shape and we could focus most of our efforts on defensive recruitment next Summer having gotten most of the attacking and midfield rebuilding out of the way.

Pearce has tweeted that LFC were not prepared to pay the transfer fee and 400k a week that Bellingham is getting at Real.

Quote Originally Posted by Creator Supremes View Post
    Chelsea fans are very confident on social media about how successful their signings are going to be. I recall their club couldn't get anything out of a couple of players called Mo Salah and Kevin De Bruyne early in their careers. Wonder what happened to them🤣
    And they pinched Mo off of us.....in a way i guess if these lads think Chelsea is a better option ...they probably didn't have the right attitude to play for Klopp

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I wouldn't want to pay that much. However, it's all relative.

I would be pleasantly surprised if he goes for less than £70m given the market and then recently losing Olise and Zaha. Given the circumstances and his statistical history (plus our situation) I think I'd hit the "aww feck it" button and go for it.

At Lens he showed in his final year that he could pass the ball well, intercept regularly and progress the ball from deep-lying positions. He wasn't an elite tackler, but was good.

Fast forward to recent times at Palace and he doesn't look as good as progressing the ball, but is closer to the elite bracket for the tackling side of things.

So the lad looks reasonably well-rounded over the course of his time at 2 different clubs. Some of the differences in where he showcased his talent will be due to he quality gap between the Leagues and some will be tactical but he probably has "enough" of what we want.

Ideally we could get him and..... let's say......Inacio - then bring Andre in during the January window at his release clause - think it's £40m to get Andre now and £20m in January - get all the paperwork done now ahead of time.

The squad would really be taking shape and we could focus most of our efforts on defensive recruitment next Summer having gotten most of the attacking and midfield rebuilding out of the way.
    We are going to be paying that much though whoever we buy due to the last week's keystone cops routine.
    I get what your saying about the squad taking shape but that's only provided that they end up being successful buys. Do we really want a squad full of potentially good players whilst a lot of our best players/crown jewels are passing their best?
    Probably not going to happen but I would really like a proven player in some position this summer.

Romano saying we've been asked to be kept informed on Amrabat.
    I'd be happy with him.

Would be nice but I can’t see it.

He’s been flirting with United all summer

James Pearce

#LFC in talks over a possible deal for Stuttgart’s Wataru Endo, the 30-year-old Japan international

#Ambition. #InGoodHands

He's 30! I'm shocked. Anyone seen him play?

"Smokin Endo....."

Sold 29 year old to buy a 30 year old.
    Puzzling to say the least unless he's additional/squad player and they're buying another?