Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Think you're canvassing the wrong profile. Sids a fsg psychophant, I'm pro-fsg.

For me, I cannot understate my joy that ox/melo/naby are gone. 2 of whom should have been forced out last year.
    In a survivalist scenario, I'd have butchered both just so I don't have to carry their share. In a football sense I'd have subsidised their wages for their last year here to move, or released them from contracts if no one bought them for peanuts.
    A stumbling foremaist step is guid fur ye.

I hope we do bring at least 2 more in we've got the smallest squad in the league with quite a few youngsters that aren't ready yet... and in europa too... crazy, the way we play also......

i predict injurys....

at least we've got Nat fucking phillips in the squad I guess....

talk about waste of career..... and a bit more money to go towards transfers..... even though if we can spend 111m on caicedo we shouldn't need the 5m extra or whatever he'd bring in.

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2023/08/why-are-liverpool-signing-wataru-endo/ good read about Endo
    Last edited by Kev0909; 17th August 2023 at 06:36 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Lavia 29 games age 19 valued at 50 million. If it was your money would you do it?

Caicedo 21 with about 40 games in PL at 110m, if it was your money would you do it?

I think as supporters we want signings for three sake of signings. Both those players can go and become the best players in football but I wouldn't have taken that risk if it was my club.

In no way is this in defense of the owners. I am fed up with them.

But I would spend 100m on Verdi Valverde for instance, 100m on Tchoumeni. Barilla etc. Players who have played elite football or played longer.

I think for now it is best to not do business with Brighton or in the PL at all. The fees they asking are ridiculous on unproven players. 1 season and a players is 70m plus.

Club needs to improve their scouting overall. And if the current guy was brought in think he should he given time to set roots and along with Klopp set up something.

Most of the youngsters being signed is more stockpiling for resell which economically may look good but Trent is the only academy player that has come through. Yet City have a number who will play for them in the future.
    No ..most supporters just want the owners to spend the money it takes to get klopp the players he needs...

He has proved he's not an overspener..so when he says he needs something they should make sure he gets it

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    A stumbling foremaist step is guid fur ye.
    Like a poem of ocean spray

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Like a poem of ocean spray
    Aye whitevur ye say wee laddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Endo, Bajetic, Sz8, Mac10, Jones, Thiago, Elliot. You have 6.

Still not great is it?
    You've listed 7 there, which definitely helps if the problem is there being 6

Pretty close for kev to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    This is the joy of transfers of "unknown" players. There is no way of knowing how the signing will turn out
    These aren't unknowns as such, but I echo the sentiment somewhat if we extend the criteria to signings that probably didn't initially make the mouth water, but proved to be of use.

Lads like Shaqiri and Origi helped us win that 6th European Cup.

Minamino and Tsimikas helped us to win Domestic Cups. Adrian played a part in Domestic Cups and a League win.

Provided our signings contribute positively, I'm generally content.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Lavia 29 games age 19 valued at 50 million. If it was your money would you do it?

Caicedo 21 with about 40 games in PL at 110m, if it was your money would you do it?

I think as supporters we want signings for three sake of signings. Both those players can go and become the best players in football but I wouldn't have taken that risk if it was my club.

In no way is this in defense of the owners. I am fed up with them.

But I would spend 100m on Verdi Valverde for instance, 100m on Tchoumeni. Barilla etc. Players who have played elite football or played longer.

I think for now it is best to not do business with Brighton or in the PL at all. The fees they asking are ridiculous on unproven players. 1 season and a players is 70m plus.

Club needs to improve their scouting overall. And if the current guy was brought in think he should he given time to set roots and along with Klopp set up something.

Most of the youngsters being signed is more stockpiling for resell which economically may look good but Trent is the only academy player that has come through. Yet City have a number who will play for them in the future.
    Man U got 1 season wonder Hojlund for 70-75mil in Italy, player price inflated everywhere since middle east crazy buy. 50mil is a par value now for a good young player, it sound really crazy, small team will be struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Yeah a older fabinho brilliant

i'm sure he'll be amazing and help us win the league
    What we've obviously needed since the arse end of 19-20 is an actual DM with a DM and midfielders reading of the game, positioning and understanding of who is their man and when they absolutely can NOT leave them

The No6 was absolutely key in consistently doing that in Fab's absence, and it made a massive difference to the quality of our collective press and counter press, Bajcetic was equally as incapable as Fab at doing it also

Fab was never a DM he was obviously bought to play a high destroyer role, which lasted all of about 15 games, when that got rumbled and we started using him as an actual DM and he simply never had the reading of the game positioning and understanding of who was his man and when he absolutely could NOT leave them, Casemiro in the 21-22 Champions League final being the most glaring example of how costly it so often proved and he did it repeatedly

Let's just all hope this new lad is a proper DM
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”