Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Probably best you don’t read them pet.
    Haes th' sky fallen in oan ye yit?

Not fully - but I have to admit - it is weighing heavy.

He could turn out to be a Rosenthal/Camara sensation hopefully but could also end up being a Meijer/Paulsen flop

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Solid.

We have to accept our owners are business people. They are not daft and I their own strange way will look after their investment. They also know what they are doing transfer wise.

I am sure there is a reason why they didn't want to go higher for Lavia but could break the bank for Caicedo. I'm sure there are names of players that the club wants and maybe Caicedo was one and when Chelsea delayed the club was willing to do everything to get him. It was Caicedos decision not to come.

I'm OK with the endo signing but we if we are going this pov route we really should buy another 2 players, another cm and a CB or rb/lb.
    Honestly robbo looked like he never had a break from last season.

Caicedos successful tackle rate is like 3 times better than lavia. I'm not even sure lavia is defensive minded.
    Also Caicedo has successfully played right back last season and done it well, Probably better than trent!
    So from our needs you can see why we'd overpay for him.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    He could turn out to be a Rosenthal/Camara sensation hopefully but could also end up being a Meijer/Paulsen flop
    Think he looks to have quite a bit about him. But as a squad man. We do need that quality dm we’ve needed for over a year from somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Perhaps not a name - but then what was Klopp alluding to when he twice spoke to the media. Once about not having the last say in transfers and then more recently when he suggested it would be good to be able to take some risks in the transfer market?

These would seem to be clear calls for more backing. Especially when you know Klopp and his very deliberate efforts to stop short of questioning his employers.

Neville is correct when he says Klopp has shielded the owners. He really has. Everything has been done with one arm tied behind his back. The only time he was given the funds needed was is in the wake of Coutinho’s sale… 3 World class additions in crucial areas. See what happened next. CL win and a title. Then - in an instant - back to mid level investment.

He isn’t the man to complain about it BUT it’s pure folly to suggest he wouldn’t be justified in doing so.

Klopp loves the club, the fans and the city. It is not true to say that he would walk simply because he is unhappy with the owners and he is never going to bad mouth his employer. Not his style. But I believe there is a point at which he will walk. That point is when he feels he cannot keep going. When he has become so exhausted trying to spin too many plates.
    Steven I hear you. Hear me as well. "Alluded" until confirmed is assumption.

Think Klopp loves the club but is also ambitious in his own way. I think he is the type if Rocky Balboa underdog type and maybe prefers that. Just maybe at times the ridiculous spending of other clubs does affect him. But overall I think he still believes in the whole project and would probably love to do it with Endos that want to play here than Caicedos etc.

Part of us not winning more is not just transfer windows. It is Karius. Courtouis, that Monday night at City,Stones clearance, Madrid in 2 finals. Who beats Madrid in a UCL final? Losing the league by a point twice. Adrian mistake against Atleti where we were primed to go back to back in UCL.

But I hear you. All I ma against is sign a player for the sake of signing. Spend big cause spend big. Our owners divide opinion. Stingy but when they have bought it worked. The season after the near quadruple I think everyone at the club missed a trick, Klopp included. He believed in his group that lost like 3 games in 65 and near touched immortality. But the season after it was like they all aged 100 yrs.

So I want to see end of August what happened I want to see if Klopp leaves mid season or so that for me would be clear alluding on his side.

We are 2 or 3 players short imo. I feel more CB and LB. Maybe even RB. If this is a rebuild then expectations of titles are maybe wrong. Top 4 must be the minimum everything else great and then top up the rebuild again next season. The same the 1st revolution started.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    I'm OK with the endo signing but we if we are going this pov route we really should buy another 2 players, another cm and a CB or rb/lb.
    Honestly robbo looked like he never had a break from last season.

Caicedos successful tackle rate is like 3 times better than lavia. I'm not even sure lavia is defensive minded.
    Also Caicedo has successfully played right back last season and done it well, Probably better than trent!
    So from our needs you can see why we'd overpay for him.
    I was very excited about Caicedo don't want to lie. Because the times I have seen him he was all that and more. It is a player I feel you could spend big on. And since the club tried what more could they have done. Same with Tchoumeni. Lavia could go and be magic but I prefer not being bullied for every player. You pay everything for Ban Dijk but not for Maguire if you catch my drift.everything for Alisson and not Kepa. Chelsea paid 70m because we pain 66m. They should never have done that. Whereas if they went 90m for Ter Steggen, Oblak at the time that would make sense though it is 20m more. Kepa was 30m at best.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    Honestly robbo looked like he never had a break from last season
    I agree with this.

A transfer could help in this regard.

I will also add however that Tsimikas is there and Klopp really ought to bite the bullet sometimes and say "sorry Robbo, it's for your own good" and play Tsimi a little more often. If Robbo plays 5 games, give Tsimi the 6th etc.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Pretty close for kev to be fair
    Bitch
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

@ HLOGI - I do hear you mate… But have to say this… we are always 2 or 3 players short, The 2 or 3 players bought from the Coutinho dosh being the outlier…the anomaly… and never again have we shopped at that level again. that IS the proof in the pudding,

Some say Klopp buys into the ethos.. What is the ethos? Spend like a mid table outfit and expect to be in the big league? I agree he doesn’t advocate massive over spending NOR DO I!

That’s a fantasy. Lightening rarely strikes twice. We struck Gold with Jurgen and he got us into the top 4… then lightening struck with the massive fee Barca paid. It happened just as we had almost all other elements in place. 2/3 players short and Boom. Before that and since the summer of 2018 - it’s been the same again - aiming to get into the top 4. That is not the level this club should be targeting from a winning position

Sure If, like some - you live too far to visit and will never go see a game - fine - enjoy, find the positives, and good for you,,, BUT many more feel different- especially the match going fans (clubs bread and butter) who want the club to be in the big league where they feel it belongs. Genuinely fighting for the top prizes. It’s either that OR accept we are Leicester City.

No Klopp and it is Aston Villa - Leicester City - No Coutinho sale and we are fighting it out with Arsenal these last 5 seasons.

It’s not a model that has any sustainability for the big league. It’s WHY they wanted the ESL.. The model is restricted because ALL they really want is a cash generator.