Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Couple of injury's that are 3-4 months means season is over as it stands, a joke.

of course I mean first teamers especially in same position 2 midfielders 2 cbs 2 attackers = fucked more than half the clubs in the league not to mention the strain it'll put on others having to play every game = more injury's oh what fun

let's pray that doesn't happen.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 25th August 2023 at 01:10 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Redmen TV are saying that Bayern have given permission for Gravenberch to leave. That is a a change in their position. So it's between us and Man Utd.
    We should get it done quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Couple of injury's that are 3-4 months means season is over as it stands, a joke.

of course I mean first teamers especially in same position 2 midfielders 2 cbs 2 attackers = fucked more than half the clubs in the league not to mention the strain it'll put on others having to play every game = more injury's oh what fun

let's pray that doesn't happen.
    Can someone decode this please?

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Redmen TV are saying that Bayern have given permission for Gravenberch to leave. That is a a change in their position. So it's between us and Man Utd.
    We should get it done quick.
    Is he the solution to our problems? How will he perform in the Premier League?

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    2 games in and Konate is already an injury concern. Yet we don't need another cb because we have 8, apparently.

Thiago is STILL injured, since May. But we don't need another midfielder.

Jones is injured again, but we don't need another midfielder.

When will we learn.
    Well, you've referenced 3 players there that cause problems of a sort via their inconsistent availability.

Whilst your points aren't without merit, transfers (particularly with 7 days to go) are difficult for a number of reasons -

- clubs don't want to sell their prized assets with so little time to replace them
    - we have only one non-Homegrown slot left
    - clubs don't want to let go of Homegrown players due to their value to a squad
    - Homegrown players are overpriced
    - players sold this late in the window are overpriced unless the selling club "wants rid" and we generally don't want those players

Not to mention that Klopp believes in giving opportunities to youth when lads are injured and places a huge amount of faith in his squad. Worth adding too that most squads will suffer should they get a couple of big injuries and that plenty of teams on the footballing Pyramid aren't stocked to the brim with lads who are perennially fit.

Hopefully we can manage a midfielder before the window closes - Gravenberch for example. Don't foresee a centre-back coming in, much as I would want one - Klopp will likely trust one of the lads who can "do a job" for a few games or give a youth player a chance, for better or worse.

How long will Konate be out for?
    Matip looks like a season too far, Gomez continually making mistakes which cost us goals.
    I would feel better with Philips or Endo I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Well, you've referenced 3 players there that cause problems of a sort via their inconsistent availability.

Whilst your points aren't without merit, transfers (particularly with 7 days to go) are difficult for a number of reasons -

- clubs don't want to sell their prized assets with so little time to replace them
    - we have only one non-Homegrown slot left
    - clubs don't want to let go of Homegrown players due to their value to a squad
    - Homegrown players are overpriced
    - players sold this late in the window are overpriced unless the selling club "wants rid" and we generally don't want those players

Not to mention that Klopp believes in giving opportunities to youth when lads are injured and places a huge amount of faith in his squad. Worth adding too that most squads will suffer should they get a couple of big injuries and that plenty of teams on the footballing Pyramid aren't stocked to the brim with lads who are perennially fit.

Hopefully we can manage a midfielder before the window closes - Gravenberch for example. Don't foresee a centre-back coming in, much as I would want one - Klopp will likely trust one of the lads who can "do a job" for a few games or give a youth player a chance, for better or worse.
    Hey sid, leaving it to 7 days left in the window is the clubs fault. Most on here were crying out for another midfielder long ago and most were saying we needed a cb right from the off this summer. And these players highlighted above are part of the reason.

I have said it a few times, Konate will lick up injuries, so I wanted an upgrade on both gomez and matip.

It is also well known that Thiago has his injury problems so like ox and kieta last season, counting on him for regular football is a mistake.

Jones is also showing himself to be a bit injury prone. He managed the full summer tournament so I was hopeful of him being available. Yet after 2 games, in which he didn't start either, he already has a knock. Maybe the club are being over cautious?

I fully agree with your reasons for it being hard to get a signing in at this stage of the season. However, it should never have gotten to this stage. The club have failed to plan properly, for the 2nd season in a row. That's my view of our current summer window. Maybe they pull 2 signings out in the week. But I would be very surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Is he the solution to our problems? How will he perform in the Premier League?
    Of course you never really know with a player untried in the prem, but apparently Klopp really rates him, and he has very good judgement in players wouldn't you say.?

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Of course you never really know with a player untried in the prem, but apparently Klopp really rates him, and he has very good judgement in players wouldn't you say.?
    I can't honestly remember him from when we played Ajax a couple of seasons back. Seems like he can play a few positions in midfield though. The fact he can play 6 sounds like he has a modicum of defensive nouse which is a plus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Hey sid, leaving it to 7 days left in the window is the clubs fault. Most on here were crying out for another midfielder long ago and most were saying we needed a cb right from the off this summer. And these players highlighted above are part of the reason.

I have said it a few times, Konate will lick up injuries
    Understand your pain and am in agreement - better planning would have helped.

Also I know it's been an Autocorrect issue but I am now picturing Konate having an office at the training ground curing people of their ills via giving them "mlems" and I am way more amused by it than I should probably admit.