Page 57 of 681 FirstFirst ... 74750515253545556575859606162636467107157557 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Klopp saying that we're done basically..... let's see if true

Not the best if true.. but not the worst

not sure why the midfield is getting ignored, when that's the difference
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    We could point at any number of things as being "the difference" - Man City getting favourable decisions for one - if we win the League (along with 2 Cups) then I don't think people are as concerned about midfield - and we took it to the final day! Then with Real Madrid people said we "don't score enough in Finals" - can hardly guarantee a midfielder fixes that.

I would love us to get one in, for the record.

But -

Henderson
    Thiago
    Fabinho
    Keita
    Milner
    Elliott
    Jones
    Ox

- are all still here - plus Carvalho could be employed as a no. 10 if we have the occasional formation tweak, so could Firmino.

Same old thing really - numerically we absolutely have enough, just whether or not we can trust them on the injury front. It may be that for one more year - a year in which 5 subs are allowed - that the staff are happy enough.

Results will of course dictate how we perceive the situation - and it's easy to forget that the January market exists - Diaz wasn't exactly a disappointment.

Couple of injury's and it looks very thin

At times after Henderson Thiago and Fab feels like we have nothing.
    #FSGOUT

Not really a surprise.

Well, fingers and toes crossed that Elliott doesn't have another major setback as he was looking excellent - and Jones will have come on a bit further. Keita also had his "most available" season (or so it felt) so it might be grand.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We could point at any number of things as being "the difference" - Man City getting favourable decisions for one - if we win the League (along with 2 Cups) then I don't think people are as concerned about midfield - and we took it to the final day! Then with Real Madrid people said we "don't score enough in Finals" - can hardly guarantee a midfielder fixes that.

I would love us to get one in, for the record.

But -

Henderson
    Thiago
    Fabinho
    Keita
    Milner
    Elliott
    Jones
    Ox

- are all still here - plus Carvalho could be employed as a no. 10 if we have the occasional formation tweak, so could Firmino.

Same old thing really - numerically we absolutely have enough, just whether or not we can trust them on the injury front. It may be that for one more year - a year in which 5 subs are allowed - that the staff are happy enough.

Results will of course dictate how we perceive the situation - and it's easy to forget that the January market exists - Diaz wasn't exactly a disappointment.
    Var officiating is out of our control, improving our midfield options is firmly within our control.

I'd suggest after Taki's exit that Elliot really should be seen as a rwf option.

Few of our existing forwards outside of Salah have any real experience of playing on the right. Elliot is a natural rwf, left footed and should be considered as an attacker & understudy to Salah.

Even with a formation change the truth is we are still light enough in midfield. With a double pivot in 4231 the same issues arise as in 433.

Playing in 433 with all 3 of Fab, Hendo & Thiago routinely, as we did last season is just too much of a risk. The squad is well placed to rotate over the season apart from this area.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Perhaps - cashing in could be good for Dortmund.

The flipside to that is that if he has another stellar year he should maintain value at the very least - perhaps even increasing (let's say £120m next season instead of £100m this, for talk's sake) whilst also buying them more time to plan for next season.

I also think (for them) it would just look to bad to let Sancho go one Summer then Haaland AND Bellingham the next. Everyone knows that Dortmund buy young, develop, then sell for the right price - but they won't wish to be deemed pushovers either. Plus keeping him around (essentially buying time for any others developing) helps their chances for Champion's League football.

But fingers crossed for us.
    If he only wants to come to us, I doubt we'll be paying the fees you're presenting.

Your higher figure of £120 million is in the ballpark of their Sancho & Halaand transfer fees combined €145/£122 million
    For that fee I think we won't be signing him.

What you think about how they'd look etc seems a bit away from reality as I see it.
    They are likely qualifying for the CL each year. Selling Bellingham this year or next won't impact that majorly.

If you're model is based to a degree in offering young top talent a quicker pathway to top tier football and transfers to bigger clubs, I doubt you'd consider it looking bad when you are succeeding in your ambitions.

The trick is to use the best of times to win titles, they missed out to Bayern in this latest/last attempt. The carry on as they've done.

Are you setting up the fantasy football again this year ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Are you setting up the fantasy football again this year ?
    Not sure yet, I didn't bother with it after the first few weeks last season, I sort of forgot about it.

Perhaps there's no harm in doing it, even if 2 or 3 people sign up lol.
    #FSGOUT

After Henderson and Milner it feels like we have nothing, except numbers

1 great No6 in Hendo who we prefer to play out of his best position in favour of a player there are several better No6's than just in the Prem

Other than that, we don't have anyone outstanding or who has been outstanding as a Liverpool player, I'm optimistic Carvalho could prove a very fine addition played as the attacking RCM with the right players at No6 and LCM, but nor optimistic we'll see him at RCM with the right players at No6 and LCM to support that

Thiago, Fabinho, Oxlade, Keita have all been failed midfield signings, none of them have delivered what they were bought to, Fab you could give him his first half season until he was found out in the high destroyer role, that's about it, but we fucking persist in keeping them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”