Page 581 of 681 FirstFirst ... 81481531571574575576577578579580581582583584585586587588591631 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,810 of 6807

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Aye I'll be happy if we sign him and intrigued to see how we use him.
    Well if (and it is just "if" at this stage) he came in, he is young enough to be employed in any of the midfield slots if Klopp works with him.

However I suspect he will be in the LCM or RCM slot and would be surprised if he was used as the DM - think that position will really be there for Endo and Bajcetic with Thiago occasionally doing some play-making from there in games where we'd expect to dominate - the Luton at Anfield sort of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Also worth adding that they are after Palhinha - perhaps if they get that done, we get the green light on Gravenberch, so that Bayern aren't light in the numbers department.
    Maybe we should have done that before selling fab and hendo?

I did see palhinha linked to them and thought, he would be a decent 6 for us. But as you say, maybe the potential of gravenberch is a determining factor.

Well if (and it is just "if" at this stage) he came in, he is young enough to be employed in any of the midfield slots if Klopp works with him.

However I suspect he will be in the LCM or RCM slot and would be surprised if he was used as the DM - think that position will really be there for Endo and Bajcetic with Thiago occasionally doing some play-making from there in games where we'd expect to dominate - the Luton at Anfield sort of games.
    Ya, I think when fit, thiago will be the 6 for a number of games. I think you've nailed it in the above post.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    worried about Salah rumours
    I thought so too, but I have seen recent quotes attributed to Paul Joyce and Chris bascombe (not sure of reliability) that say we won't be selling, even if 120mil was offered. Now if 150 or 200 was offered, who knows.

I know we can read far too much into these things, but I think it's no coincidence that the club's official Twitter released a pic of him looking very serious/focused at the gym on their account - a real "business as usual" message.

It doesn't make sense for the club to sell Salah in this window. It would jeopardise our chances of Champion's League qualification and if we missed out two seasons in a row, we know how slippery the slope can get. Even the more "business above results" characters affiliated with the club should have the wit not to diminish our chances of ensuring we once again hop aboard the Champion's League gravy train and aim to stay on it.

I can provide no guarantees, but I would suggest that you (probably) have nothing to worry about on this particular score.

Don't worry about them now. Worry about them in December/January.
    If that offer had been a month ago he'd have gone for sure. The greedy cunts will have the money banked already.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Maybe we should have done that before selling fab and hendo?
    Ideally yes - though I think the bids for those two caught us a little off-guard and we have had the whole Schmadtke situation as well.

Being better-prepared would have been great and conducting business in the manner we did for Szoboszlai and Mac Allister would be ideal (£95m for those two could look a bargain in the current climate) but that milk is spilt now.

If we do go on to sign Gravenberch (and I am not taking it for granted that we do) then I think if someone had gazed into a crystal ball and said we would move on 4 of our players that were either injury-prone (Ox, Keita) or burnt out to some degree (Henderson, Fabinho) and largely replaced them with younger lads and/or lads with decent fitness records, we'd have taken it.

The Diaz/Gakpo/Núñez business went a long way to addressing the attack and the (as yet hypothetical) Szoboszlai/Mac Allister/Endo/Gravenberch business would go a long way to addressing the midfield, with all that business taking place within a couple of years.

If we then went on to address the defence next season, then I think (?) most Reds would be reasonably pleased. Not elated perhaps (still feel we need a centre-back NOW, not later) but certainly not totally disgruntled with business - though I could be wrong.

Is this Gravenberch any good ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Is this Gravenberch any good ?
    Yes.

He hasn't quite hit the heights that some expected (arguably made the move from Ajax to Bayern too early) and had gone off the boil somewhat, but the talent is absolutely there.

I wouldn't expect him to come here and look the business from the very first outing, but if he arrives and works with Klopp a bit we really should be laughing.

Ideally yes - though I think the bids for those two caught us a little off-guard and we have had the whole Schmadtke situation as well.

Being better-prepared would have been great and conducting business in the manner we did for Szoboszlai and Mac Allister would be ideal (£95m for those two could look a bargain in the current climate) but that milk is spilt now.

If we do go on to sign Gravenberch (and I am not taking it for granted that we do) then I think if someone had gazed into a crystal ball and said we would move on 4 of our players that were either injury-prone (Ox, Keita) or burnt out to some degree (Henderson, Fabinho) and largely replaced them with younger lads and/or lads with decent fitness records, we'd have taken it.

The Diaz/Gakpo/Núñez business went a long way to addressing the attack and the (as yet hypothetical) Szoboszlai/Mac Allister/Endo/Gravenberch business would go a long way to addressing the midfield, with all that business taking place within a couple of years.

If we then went on to address the defence next season, then I think (?) most Reds would be reasonably pleased. Not elated perhaps (still feel we need a centre-back NOW, not later) but certainly not totally disgruntled with business - though I could be wrong.
    I think the whole Saudi “ monopoly buying “ of players has caught a few people out. Having said that I am very surprised and disappointed that Hendo went for it.
    Is this season a “ pass go and collect £ 2 mill “ or is it going to escalate beyond belief ? …sadly I think we’ve got 2 / 3 years of the latter .