Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Gravenberch and a young decent CB it'll be a good window

heck Gravenberch = decent window

we should be able to afford both... considering the silly bid for caicedo
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Yes.

He hasn't quite hit the heights that some expected (arguably made the move from Ajax to Bayern too early) and had gone off the boil somewhat, but the talent is absolutely there.

I wouldn't expect him to come here and look the business from the very first outing, but if he arrives and works with Klopp a bit we really should be laughing.
    Agree with Sid here , said this to miller the other day , I don’t want to even comment until
    It’s signed but if he does I’m buzzing because his talent is unreal

Liverpool defender Nat Phillips is due to arrive in Glasgow tonight to finalise a season-long loan move to Celtic. will noone buy him for 10m? jesus

loans so pointless for us.

hopefully means a CB is arriving ?

I see him leaving on a free in 2025 after loans and loans
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

His wages is a problem i think. hes on about 60 grand a week.. if we can't sell. it seems we would rather take the wages off the bill rather than lower the asking price.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Liverpool defender Nat Phillips is due to arrive in Glasgow tonight to finalise a season-long loan move to Celtic. will noone buy him for 10m? jesus
    If you're a buying club in need of a centre-back, where regular game time and consistency are highly valued traits, are you really looking at 26-year olds with 70 career appearances?

Only 29 of those appearances were for us as well.

We should have accepted that £12.5m offer we had for him, but it's done now. At this stage I hope the lad just gets a permanent move and enjoys his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    worried about Salah rumours
    I can understand why, but rationally, does he really want to join a retirement league at this stage of his career? He’s got literally years ahead of him to go over there and earn a shitload of money. I don’t see there being any need to hurry. Stay in a good league at the best club in the world, and break a few more records.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Gravenberch and a young decent CB it'll be a good window

heck Gravenberch = decent window

we should be able to afford both... considering the silly bid for caicedo
    I wish I shared your positivity Kev! It can never be seen as a "good" window.

It started well but went to shit in the middle, feels like we lost a two goal lead and went behind but we might just salvage a draw late on before the transfer window slams shut!

It’s been a disaster of a window.

From a position of weakness -
    lacking depth and quality we have lost 7…!!!

Yes we have made 2 good additions - although so far we have benefitted when MacAllister has left the pitch. Twice with 10 men!!!!

Wonder how he is feeling about that.

Regardless - the squad is tiny. Absolutely zero room for error or injury, Let’s say we do well for 3 months. What energy levels do we think the boys will have going into the Christmas marathon?

Beyond that - IF by a miracle they all stay fit and do another mentality monster season - they won’t have anything left for next season.

Frankly it’s a joke.

Yes but think how much money we have saved off the wage bill Steveo.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Yes but think how much money we have saved off the wage bill Steveo.
    Very true.

Never forget this people:

——————————————

In August 2010 when FSG (then known as New England Sports Ventures) were considering tabling a bid for the debt-ridden club, Henry wrote: “There is a basic precept/combination that I have learned from Charlie Munger and Warren Buffett that interests me in Red.

“That is the concept of acquiring a top global brand at a discount price and ensuring it is well managed. I am interested now in trying to ascertain if this is indeed a major opportunity that would indeed diversify and strengthen NESV.”

Having looked into the prospect of buying Liverpool Football Club in more detail, Henry was more enthused as he later typed: “If we could acquire this for the debt, I really feel like we would be stealing this franchise.

“In some ways they really are in the dark ages — especially competitively. The best and brightest are not presently working on English soccer. But the English Premier League is bigger than the NFL, NASCAR, MLB and the NBA internationally. Only Formula One can begin to compare in viewership.

“This could be a steal. Every buyer believes what potential Red Sox buyers believed — you have to build a new stadium. And they believe the stadium will cost more than £350m! That’s why there are no bidders. We would probably take the same approach we took to Fenway Park. But we’d be looking to limit investment in the facility to 8 figures.