Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

So - They believed a minimum of £350 million needed spending on the stadium in 2010

Here we are almost a decade and a half later… with just one complete and another 2/3rds complete new stands £180 million in. Window after window of low net spend. Despite all the miracles Klopp has performed and all those record revenues..

Where is their commitment to the club now?

Then we can look at what they have acquired in the last few years. To add to their portfolio. The Boston Globe - The Pittsburgh Penguins and now a sports TV Channel from none other than Warner Bros..

Their focus is clear and irrefutable….it has nothing to do with Liverpool FC beyond the bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    I wish I shared your positivity Kev! It can never be seen as a "good" window.
    Would your stance change if Gravenberch ends up signing?

That would represent 4 midfielders coming into the fold in one window - with three of them well below their peak or post-peak decline - on the back of signing 3 talented attackers and with all of that happening in less than 2 years.

Wouldn't be "bad" surely? For context, Caicedo's agent is said to be picking up £25m for negotiation of that transfer - that's a big chunk of the Mac Allister fee - and Chelsea have signed a Man City youngster that many won't have heard of for 75% of the Szoboszlai fee.

A lot of people's reflection on this window will hinge on Gravenberch but if we were to get him we will have done alright for ourselves!

If we get him its a decent window, no more. If we don't its poor, plus considering the club want Phillips out we should have been lkg a CB straightaway the window opened. Now we have 1 injured,1 banned and are on the brink of a crisis as we can't put Gomez into RB if we wanted to give Trent a rocket unless Quandary plays with Matip. Previous emergency CB options fabinho and hendo now sold and whilst i'll give Quansah every chance he really shouldn't be fired straight into PL games,all of which are crucial and unforgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

That would represent 4 midfielders coming into the fold in one window - with three of them well below their peak or post-peak decline - on the back of signing 3 talented attackers and with all of that happening in less than 2 years.

Wouldn't be "bad" surely? For context, Caicedo's agent is said to be picking up £25m for negotiation of that transfer - that's a big chunk of the Mac Allister fee - and Chelsea have signed a Man City youngster that many won't have heard of for 75% of the Szoboszlai fee.

A lot of people's reflection on this window will hinge on Gravenberch but if we were to get him we will have done alright for ourselves!
    huge upgrade in midfield in my eyes, it's a good window and got rid of sick notes

what would make it proper good is a CB
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

It has been a good window for the exit door, but fresh recruitment is sadly lacking.

Like I said, signing Gravenberch, and/or a centre back, would be salvaging something from a bad window.

I get that we don't want to waste money, we only want value and only players that fit, I respect that but it hasn't been good hunting and once again we leave a summer window looking forward to the January window.

A good window would be to get our signings in early (as we did with Mac and Szobozlai) so they have a preseason together, and then we can sell at our leisure, instead of playing catch up. In an ideal world.

Agree with most of you , gravenberch and a defender signing has redeemed the window a bit , if not it’s dire, I’m just glad to get ox and Keita gone and have hopefully players who are robust who can play in every game . I’ve got massive hope for gravenberch but I just hope he signs . Would of Been nice to get a bit of money for Phillips like we were offered a year ago, they have to make two signings as the squad looks way to thin at the minute

Think we've built a Europa League squad and just 'hoping' we sneak a Champs League spot....Not good enough IMHO....

Gravenberch has missed training and a private plane has been tracked from Munich to Blackpool today.

Joe Gomez to West Ham has to be a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Gravenberch has missed training and a private plane has been tracked from Munich to Blackpool today.

Joe Gomez to West Ham has to be a joke.
    Going to the Pleasure Beach, then for a few beers in the Tower Lounge.

To The Babelcopter...!¡!
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!