Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Going to the Pleasure Beach, then for a few beers in the Tower Lounge.
    I'll be happy as long as we ain't being taken for a ride

I know...I know.. but it's only Thursday.. and I haven't slept much

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    Think we've built a Europa League squad and just 'hoping' we sneak a Champs League spot....Not good enough IMHO....
    Interesting take.

I think some fans will feel that Man City will finish above us and perhaps Arsenal.

- Do people believe Man United will finish above us?
    - Do people believe Newcastle will finish above us?
    - Do people believe Chelsea will finish above us?
    - Do people believe Tottenham will finish above us?

I think the chances of us reaching the quarter-finals (or further) of the Europa League are quite good and that the chances of us finishing above 3rd, maybe 4th, are pretty good - but we'll see.

Liverpool legend Nat Phillips has left Anfield on loan to Celtic in a deal which will be reviewed in January. He could make his debut at Ibrox in the Glasgow derby this Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Interesting take.

I think some fans will feel that Man City will finish above us and perhaps Arsenal.

- Do people believe Man United will finish above us?
    - Do people believe Newcastle will finish above us?
    - Do people believe Chelsea will finish above us?
    - Do people believe Tottenham will finish above us?

I think the chances of us reaching the quarter-finals (or further) of the Europa League are quite good and that the chances of us finishing above 3rd, maybe 4th, are pretty good - but we'll see.
    I think we'll finish 2nd but perhaps not as close as a point to City as we were in 19/20 and 21/22. We seem to be on a cycle of one injury ravaged season followed by a trophy winning one since the season after our PL side. I am concerned at the loss of experience with Milner, Fab and Hendo. Hope we can keep the rest of our trophy winning spine with Alisson, Van Dijk, Trent and Salah fit all campaign. Boasted by our new signings and their hunger to want trophies they haven't won before with a PL club.
    Made the point last season that Arsenal and Newcastle more than the Mancs have an expectancy of top 4 this season they haven't before. They benefitted from our transition last campaign beginning with huge injuries. We weren't miles off top 4 after an atrocious first 20-25 games of form in 22-23 and rallying late. Toon and Gunners also has the advantage of Chelsea and Spurs being an absolute binfire in sliding out of the CL spots.

Liverpool central defender Nat Phillips has agreed to join Celtic on loan until January.

The Scottish champions want the 26-year-old with centre-backs Cameron Carter-Vickers, Stephen Welsh and Maik Nawrocki facing lengthy spells out.

Phillips, who joined Liverpool in 2016, has spent previous loan spells at Stuttgart and Bournemouth.

He has yet to play for the Reds this season and made only five appearances during the 2022-23 campaign.

His best season for Liverpool came in 2020-21 when he made 20 outings, including three in the Champions League as Liverpool suffered an injury crisis of their own in the centre of defence.

Phillips has made 79 career appearances, scoring once in a 3-0 Liverpool victory over Burnley

His contract at Anfield runs until 2025.

With the Gravenberch Transfer apparently hinging on Palhinha agreeing a move to Bayern, are we going for the right midfielder here??

I know age is in Gravenberch’s favour but Palhinha looks much the better player to me.

Palhinha is about 70 million and 28/9? anyway i think we have been interest in Gravenberch for a long while not just this summer
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

The Evening Standard say Fulham have rejected an offer from Bayern for Palhinha and it's up to the player to try to force a move. Tick tock...

Agree miller - one has genuine quality the other looks like an athlete.

Edwards was keen on Gravenberch before he went to Bayern.

Leaving it very late again if he’s a genuine target. If Fulham can’t agree a deal with Bayern for Palhinha then I doubt they would let Gravenberch leave.