Page 6 of 675 FirstFirst 123456789101112131656106506 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Some sources are saying next week. That guy Mark Goldbridge has already put up a video saying it has been announced as a done deal.
    I think the common consensus is that it won't be announced until Mane is officially gone, so that we don't appear desperate to recoup a certain amount for him.

Núñez left one agent to join another remember, but the period of sale might fall within the existing contract of the first agent, who will want a slice.

I'd say it's basically done, but there are little niggles to iron out. Wouldn't sweat.

Well, the windows open, well UK window anyway, I was expecting some action

Hopefully, our main international transfers are wrapped up, signed, sealed, delivered to go through on the 1st of July
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Núñez left one agent to join another remember, but the period of sale might fall within the existing contract of the first agent, who will want a slice.

I'd say it's basically done, but there are little niggles to iron out. Wouldn't sweat.
    I read something about the 2 agents making an agreement for dual representation through this transfer, presumably meaning an agreement to split the agents fees in some way

Liverpool have yet to agree a fee for Benfica's Darwin Nunez, but the 22-year-old Uruguay striker has already told friends and family he is moving to Anfield. (Echo)

Rumoured everything is agreed and Nunez will soon travel for a medical from sources in Uruguay close to the player

hasn't he got a first touch like Lukaku ???

Hope he works out here, especially if we don't improve the midfield because of it.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

If a midfielder arrives they'll hopefully be quiet young.

Not every one of the following lads will have a top-notch career, but most should be able to contribute in some capacity at the very least.

Elliott - 19
    Carvalho - 19
    Jones - 21
    Núñez* - 22
    Konate - 23
    Trent - 23
    Jota - 25
    Diaz - 25
    Gomez - 25
    Keita - 27
    Robertson - 28
    Fabinho - 28

*awaiting confirmation*

Think I have the ages right - that's a decent bunch and if we can add one or two more bits of quality to that under-29 list it would bode well and just keep doing it every chance we get.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    hasn't he got a first touch like Lukaku ???

Hope he works out here, especially if we don't improve the midfield because of it.
    He's got a great first touch, does has the odd moment when he takes a Lukaku style heavy one, but they're odd moments, one thing he does, I like, because at the level I played it was something I trained myself to do to the point I then did it always without thinking, that not nearly enough pro players do, is he takes a first touch that takes the ball away from the nearest opposition player, if they're on his right, he'll take the first touch to move it onto his left etc etc etc, he also takes a first touch to move the ball away from opposition players into space to set a mini foot race he knows he'll win to move them

I think people under estimate how clever a lot of the simple things he does routinely and constantly are, because I admire these little aspects and touches of class and constant professionalism of it too many pros don't do, I'm always looking for them, most of the other strikers and forwards don't do those things, Benzema was and is the master of them

Body shape and how top top level players look to read it and do is under estimated, I guess that's why Thiago's little moves don't impress me when there's no end product, because it's just body shape, carefully rehearsed and choreographed body shape and I've been all over that for about 20 years now and seen far better purveyors of that particular art form in that time, some times he does do it with the utmost class, but mostly I'm disappointed the opposition mid is so easily fooled, as I see what he's about to do coming a mile off, when they're supposed to be a pro That letting the ball run onto his trailing right foot to clip it with his heel trick he did that was supposed to be 'amazing' saw that coming a mile off, letting the ball run like that to clip it into an effective pass that wrong foots everyone with your heel is also drastically underused, pro players should be doing that as standard with either foot in my book

One aspect of benzema was the timing of his run and movement to receive the ball, even simple passes to feet and he did it brilliantly always, he'd give himself a bit to do, knowing he'd get there first, but how he used it in conjunction with his body shape to move players to open up space for himself was always sensational, so he'd arrive at pace, with his body shape a certain way moving defenders across and let the pass runs across him onto his left, leaning to his right as he received it to give the mipression he was going right, moving defenders slightly again, to bring his left foot over it and take it away left, or the second touch with his left being to set it to shoot having moved defenders to give him space to - He just always did all of that constantly and automatically in everything he did and so many people just sadly never noticed, sadly for them
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 11th June 2022 at 08:40 PM.