Page 600 of 692 FirstFirst ... 100500550590593594595596597598599600601602603604605606607610650 ... LastLast
Results 5,991 to 6,000 of 6919

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

I didn’t say I would take it tees, we take meant the club will take it.

Even at £200m I would still have a lot to think about

Ah ok dude. Got the wrong end of stick.

I totally get the sentiment tees, but as a club we would surely take £200.

Incredible player he has been but his age and that kind of money. We saw what Jurgen did once before with a major chunk of change. I don’t see how it wouldn’t go straight back into transfers.

Have to look to the future at some stage. Time waits for nobody

As well as replacing Salah, we would still need a DM and probably 2 CB’s.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    200mill would easily get us what we need especially with the forwards we now have as compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I don't get why people would have it come down to money.
    We all know where that money would go. It would not be for the benefit of the team, only for the financial benefit of those who give less of a fuck.
    He's worth keeping but even more so to deny FSG making a killing on him.
    FSG, for all the issues some folks have with them, aren't taking money out of the club the way that, say, the Glazers do.

There's an average £22m or so net spend each year over the course of their tenure (people would like more, that's fine) and a £110m or so net spend this Summer in a season where we didn't get Champion's League football - which I believe is our biggest net spend under them so far.

They won't sell Salah and pocket the money - in terms of the club as a "business" (not how I like to look at any football club, but it's part of it these days) they simply don't operate like that and have shown no evidence of doing so for the 12 or so years of their tenure.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Absolutely. I'm just incredibly sceptical over the money. We need a CB now yet the money wasn't used to bring one in. The money left over from the Bermuda triangle 111m could have pretty much bought Gvardiol yet we were nowhere to be seen.
    To think those shithouses would give all the money for squad improvements is dreaming in my eyes.
    They'd pocket atleast half.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    FSG, for all the issues some folks have with them, aren't taking money out of the club the way that, say, the Glazers do.

There's an average £22m or so net spend each year over the course of their tenure (people would like more, that's fine) and a £110m or so net spend this Summer in a season where we didn't get Champion's League football - which I believe is our biggest net spend under them so far.

They won't sell Salah and pocket the money - in terms of the club as a "business" (not how I like to look at any football club, but it's part of it these days) they simply don't operate like that and have shown no evidence of doing so for the 12 or so years of their tenure.
    Okay so maybe they won't "pocket" the money but it'll go on other costs, not all of it would be used on the team. There's absolutely no doubt about that.
    22m.average net spend is frankly disgusting for a team trying to keep pace with City. It's a miracle we've been anywhere close. Where does the money go?
    Last edited by teesred; 3rd September 2023 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Okay so maybe they won't "pocket" the money but it'll go on other costs, not all of it would be used on the team. There's absolutely no doubt about that.
    22m.average net spend is frankly disgusting for a team trying to keep pace with City. It's a miracle we've been anywhere close. Where does the money go?
    Then why infer/imply they would to begin with? That's the thin end of the "fake news" wedge - people say something, it gets repeated a bunch and then it becomes core belief. Not having a go here, just very keen to not get more misinformation started as it's really mentally draining to read and combat.

As to where the money goes, I have discussed our finances at length more than most and in multiple threads over multiple seasons when it has come up. I don't particularly feel the need to do so again. If you want to do a deep dive then stick a kettle on, have a brew and check out some of Swiss Ramble's stuff historically, or see what you can manage with the Search function in here (in your defence and to save you some time I find the search function in here pretty poor so probably wouldn't advise wasting your morning doing that) if you feel inclined.

Lastly, bringing Man City into it is pointless - 115 financial charges and they were initially found guilty and turfed out of the Champion's League - whatever loophole the CAS may have found, we all know they cheated - so comparing our finances to theirs is pointless and a bit of a false argument.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

We spent more in 18/19 Sid, media never shut up about it.