Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Will put a massive dent in top 4 chances this season still have a chance if we can keep on track for top 4 or around there @ Christmas.... but every time will know we have 200m+ to spend..... is mbappe coming ?

but 215m... he's gone

Will miss you Mooo
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

They've already bid £150m, if they bid £215m they can go to £250m.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    They've already bid £150m, if they bid £215m they can go to £250m.
    Well if they can go to £250 they can go to £300 million.
    Show us the money !!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Well if they can go to £250 they can go to £300 million.
    Show us the money !!
    Haha! and people say WE try to low-ball clubs!

I think an ideal situation (in my opinion anyway) would be for the club to rebuff any bid now and let them know it's too late for us to get a replacement, but that we will be receptive to a bid in the January window.

(if they're willing to go past £200, you can bet your bottom dollar they'll be back with a vengeance with another bid in the January window, anyway).

That will give the club plenty of time to target and find a replacement and start the groundwork for an early signing to get them here as soon as the window opens and allow Mo to leave then.
    Hopefully we'll be in good standing for any CL places and title challenge race to be able to carry on from that point but in the meantime Mo gets assurances that the club won't stand in his way for a January exit, (hopefully) he plays a blinder of a first half of a season to put us in a great position, and come January he leaves with everyone's blessings, while we figure out what to do with the rest of that £200 or £250 Mill for the summer transfer window.

The obvious worry is that they won't stop at just Mo.
    Either they or some other Saudi club is undoubtedly going to be back sniffing for Allison or Van Dijk next, and we could be in danger of becoming a selling club real quick.

I think Mo's departure is inevitable.
    It's just a question of whether we can delay it for January to give us time to get a replacement, and if not then, then almost certainly next summer he's gone.
    Just start planning accordingly.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

The other obvious downside with this situation (aside from Mo actually leaving) is if we let him go and get some odd £200 Million for him, every club we go to try and get a replacement from is going to quote us silly money ridiculous transfer fees because they'll all know we're flush with cash.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Saudi clubs have already been reportedly sniffing around Gomez and Konate. Sfunny they don't usually target younger players at other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We can't sell him now because we don't have a replacement and are now unable to buy one. tell them they can pay now to sign him in January or next summer

That's it

I also find the timing of their approach extremely questionable given the Saudi and middle east connections of some other Prem clubs, wait until it is too late for us to get a replacement and THEN try and sign a player integral to our team?
    Speculation they want Salah signed up now so they can show him off to the world at the world club championship in Saudi arabia later this year.

Personally think summer 2024 is the earliest we should see Mo leave.
    His contract is up in 2025, so if I was betting, I'd bet on 2024 Mo leaves for a few quid, legendary status secured naturally.

They've already signed half of the Liverpool team that won the champions league. Bobby, Fab, Jordan, Gini and Sadio, and now closing in on Mo.
    I think it says something about the glamour of our club as a global presence. Only Real Madrid can compare. No other prem club comes close.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    The other obvious downside with this situation (aside from Mo actually leaving) is if we let him go and get some odd £200 Million for him, every club we go to try and get a replacement from is going to quote us silly money ridiculous transfer fees because they'll all know we're flush with cash.
    This is a concern for me too.
    I genuinely wouldn't be shocked to see us have to pay something utterly ridiculous for a player like Olise. He looks a great prospect and looks like he's fit our style/system but a price of 80m or something would be crazy. Same for Bowen at WH.
    That will likely be the situation we end up in as anybody who's already at a similar level ( aside from someone like Mbappe I can't actually think of anyone) is out of our range due to wages I'd say.