Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Played 309 games
    188 Goals
    76 Assists

264 in the goals & assists column from just 309 games.

It's going to hurt..
    Of course it will and I am in no hurry for it - I'd quite like him to retire here - just presenting how I feel it's best to address it if we do sell at some stage, as I don't think trying to replace what he brings to the side is viable via the acquisition of one player.

Still. Be it Dalglish, Rush, Fowler, Barnes, Torres, Suarez, Firmino, Mane or eventually Salah, there will always be doors that close and the beginnings of new chapters.

I know Sid, wasn't posting that as a repost to you...

It is a dilemma. Painful either way you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Yeah we aren't easily going to replace a 30-goal-per-season forward.

The thing to do is to get someone in that can manage 15-20 goals who still has room for further development and improvement - and use some of the other money to improve other areas of the pitch, such as the defence so we concede less, thus minimising the impact of a reduced collective goal output.
    In the same way that Keegan > Dalglish > Rush > Fowler > Owen > Torres > Suarez all left a gap to be filled...
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Of course it will and I am in no hurry for it - I'd quite like him to retire here - just presenting how I feel it's best to address it if we do sell at some stage, as I don't think trying to replace what he brings to the side is viable via the acquisition of one player.

Still. Be it Dalglish, Rush, Fowler, Barnes, Torres, Suarez, Firmino, Mane or eventually Salah, there will always be doors that close and the beginnings of new chapters.
    Haha. Touche...

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    In the same way that Keegan > Dalglish > Rush > Fowler > Owen > Torres > Suarez all left a gap to be filled...
    Bearing in mind, we only received proper money to replace only 3 players on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I know Sid, wasn't posting that as a repost to you...

It is a dilemma. Painful either way you look at it.
    It is! I think we'll likely be alright though - one the one hand we keep him, on the other we get considerable money and more often than not under Klopp we get our transfers right, so could reinvest wisely.

What helps is the squad we already have- the forward and midfield options are by-and-large quality, versus a situation like 09/10 through 10/11 where the loss of stars was "sinking ship" sort of stuff and the side looked to have a real time limit on it.

Key thing if we do sell is timing - selling before Midnight on Thursday would be a madness and I wouldn't advocate a January sale either.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    You wanted him out at one point!
    He infuriated me when he played Henderson and Fsninho at CB. He infuriated me when he kept on playing Firmino. I ranted like crazy. In my heart of hearts I absolutely love the guy. This is the internet we can behave mad.

But in my view Klopp alongside Ferguson are the best in making ordinary into unbeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    £215m is going to be hard for FSG to turn down but I still think (hope) he’ll stay this season and leave next summer.
    This is theproblem for me. I don't mind selling him. The problem is the money will mean nothing to the future of the squad, owners will just have a big pay day. So even if Salah leaves for free or 500m it is almost the same thing with FSG in terms of reinvestment.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Think aldo was a more than adequate rush replacement. Always think he got pushed out the door unfairly

400 million is our price
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”