Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Liverpool reportedly made a £100m bid for Newcastle and Brazil midfielder Bruno Guimaraes, 25, just before the transfer window closed on 1 September.

Us and our £100m+ bids, what are we like?
    what we need is another attacker.. we are short in that area!.. The Spanish media are fking dog shit
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Liverpool reportedly made a £100m bid for Newcastle and Brazil midfielder Bruno Guimaraes, 25, just before the transfer window closed on 1 September.

Us and our £100m+ bids, what are we like?
    Why the FUCK would we have done that? I've watched him play several full 90's, he is so drastically overrated it's unreal
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

He absolutely is. People, mainly the media, have been distracted by the fact he is merely better than what they have had in recent times.
    I just don’t see what all the fuss is about. He’s never dominated us, never won against us and I don’t think he’s even won a point against us.

Wouldn’t be interested personally

I wouldn't jump at the chance to sign him either on the eye test, but given that these are some of the stats we have access to -

https://fbref.com/en/players/82518f62/Bruno-Guimaraes

- and given that there are lots of underlying more complex metrics that we don't (plus analysts who can interpret those metrics better than we can) I wonder if they saw something underlying that would have worked in our system?

There's also the possibility that it's just a nonsense story.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Why the FUCK would we have done that? I've watched him play several full 90's, he is so drastically overrated it's unreal
    I don't see it myself either, maybe it's because he's Brazilian and big Ali needs a mate now the other Brazilians are away.
    Though I have read Newcastle are about to offer him a bumper new contract, so maybe his agents are at their work .

Those stats just underline my feelings about the player Sid, they’re ok stats but nothing like £100m player stats, and certainly not without the additional home grown tariff on fees.

A big fat sweaty no from me.

Like with Fab and Thiago eh Sid?

Metrics It's a load of shite, too many pointless or irrelevant stats and metrics being used for things for the analysts who invented them to create jobs for themselves in a game they don't understand, like with the classic 'We're better than we've ever been in the press and counter press' except we weren't creating big chances or scoring from it which is the points of it and were mostly going backwards immediately after winning it because of the overall poor positioning of the players, this usually consisting of too many players charging to the ball, when all players well positioned in picking up and blocking lines it needs only 1 or 2 to nick it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Dont think its been mentioned but......

Liverpool left-back Kostas Tsimikas is set to sign a new contract. The Greece international has agreed a two-year extension to his current deal that will keep him at Anfield until the summer of 2027. It is reward for the impact he has made since his £11.75million ($14.7m) move from Olympiacos three years ago.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Glad hes staying just for his personality love how he gets stuck in when he gets a chance to play..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Big fan of Tsimi - hopefully we rotate slightly more so he gets more game time and Robbi's less likely to be subject to burnout.

Tsimi Tsimi Tsimi…Love him. Great news.