Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Step forward Slobodan Parkside....
    EXCUSE ME... there is nothing wrong with a YUGO.. See here.. Proof..

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    You could say that about Konate. He's always got a mistake in him too. At the end of the day we don't have a single top level centre back. They're all good but none are top bracket in my opinion.
    Our next transfer needs to be a proven Colossus. It should have been Gvardiol.
    All defenders have the odd mistake in them, as many as Gomez? No Do they got to absolute pieces making another 4 glaring errors leading to another 4 goals? No massive difference between what i'm talking about and what you are

Konate makes the odd error, he also spends more time defending 1v1 against top LFWDs than any other CB in world football, so he's going to make an error or get done sometimes

Gvardiol got absolutely bummed by Haaland with fkn help in last season's Champions League if you remember

Put an of those fuckers having to defend 1v1 as often as Virgil Konate and Matip do and we'd see who the top defenders are, those 3 for us do it brilliantly the vast majority of the time, you lad Gvardiol couldn't handle Haaland with another defender helping him out
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    All defenders have the odd mistake in them, as many as Gomez? No Do they got to absolute pieces making another 4 glaring errors leading to another 4 goals? No massive difference between what i'm talking about and what you are

Konate makes the odd error, he also spends more time defending 1v1 against top LFWDs than any other CB in world football, so he's going to make an error or get done sometimes

Gvardiol got absolutely bummed by Haaland with fkn help in last season's Champions League if you remember

Put an of those fuckers having to defend 1v1 as often as Virgil Konate and Matip do and we'd see who the top defenders are, those 3 for us do it brilliantly the vast majority of the time, you lad Gvardiol couldn't handle Haaland with another defender helping him out
    I too have thought he should go once or twice but when you look at it he's a good player, not top level obviously but a very good player to have in the squad and I'd doubt any team in the prem would turn him down given the chance. Not many have a non regular starter of his quality.
    Konate looks like a clart at times and a worldie in others, he needs more consistency. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see him becoming one of the best around.
    Gvardiol looks a top defender in my opinion, none of them are infallible and Haaland scores against pretty much anyone so that's not a particular convincing argument really.
    Our defenders are good like I said but none are top bracket. They used to be (VvD and Matip) but not anymore, that doesn't mean they're useless or I would want rid. Matip is still a very good player but it's probably his age and remaining contract that's going against him now. I hope VvD gets back to what he was but I think it's just wishful thinking on my behalf, we all know it won't happen.
    I'd just like us to bring in the next guy who'll be similar to how Virgil was first few seasons. Hard task as he's a Liverpool great.

The priority for me is Right Back. TAA is for me a world class wing back and crap fullback. Even then we have no back up to him at Full Back. Gomez (and any other stand ins we have ) , are absolutely not good full backs.
    We need flexibility for different opponents, to defend strongly we need a top full back, when attacking in most games a wing back can be great if we have a extra defensive mid.
    Anyone who thinks against better teams we can play (with wing backs )4 at the back is wishful and hopeful thinking.
    A good team is how the whole squad performs with coordination , not usually about specific individuals normally. But it grieves me to say most people in football see Trent as a gaping hole in the fence.
    I like Trent a lot but he needs a midfielder specific to cover him going forward not in anyway a Center Back , leaving the second CB to cover counter attackers.(we are wide open) .
    The best friendships are built on a solid foundation of alcohol, cake, sarcasm and a dislike of the same people.

Liverpool are ready to contact the representatives of Spain midfielder Thiago Alcantara and Cameroonian defender Joel Matip,who are both 32,to discuss New deals.
    Both players are out of contract next summer.......(Caught Offside)

Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal are all ready to make bids for Brentford and Scotland full-back Aaron Hickey, 21. (Sunday Mirror)
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

lets hope Hickey don't do a Suarez and bite people
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    lets hope Hickey don't do a Suarez and bite people
    That joke sucks...
    You are essentially an oxygen thief.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    That joke sucks...
    He just sucks, no receiving
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Apparently we are scouting Raul Paula.

Brighton are said to be interested too.