Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Juventus need money and are apparently willing to part with Matias Soule for £35m in January.

He is 20 and can play as a 10 or up front but most significantly can play on the right - doing well on loan at the moment and we would have cover for Salah for what is a small amount of money in the current market and would leave us in a ridiculous position in terms of attacking depth (not to mention age profile) and ability to mix things up from the bench.

Left-sided centre-back that is capable of playing left full-back or a defensive midfielder are definitely more of a "priority" but that really is an opportunity that we should very carefully assess.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I'd say RB over LB. Tsimikas is decent cover I think. Gomez is okay cover but I think we need an out and out right back now with Trent moving into midfield more.
    A DM should be a priority in January but I won't be shocked if we don't bring anyone in. Aside from Paulinhs and Andre who else have we been linked with? The Palace lad is injured long term I think?
    I think CB gets strengthened in summer with Philips coming back off loan soon.
    I will have to agree to disagree, I think left back is a more difficult position to cover and Tsimikas to me, is at best decent, but is not really a good enough challenge or push Robbo…

At right back I think we can cover this position with several squad players, less so with centre back however Defensive midfield is to me our biggest concern…

Hey ho wtf do I know …

One of the guys on TAW reckons there's something in the Paulinha links. They go through his XG stats and on the left side they're incredibly good. He's in the top 1% in the league.

What about Guehi for CB?

if we got both, we'd win the league well..... maybe, if salah keeps on form and stays fit, because nunez isn't firing us to the league
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    What about Guehi for CB?

if we got both, we'd win the league well..... maybe, if salah keeps on form and stays fit, because nunez isn't firing us to the league
    Aye he's been linked. I'd imagine if we wanted him he would want the move too. Just depends if we wait till summer or not and make do with Philips?
    The opportunity is there. I personally doubt the club will have felt we'd be strong enough to be top after almost half the season. Can't imagine many fans did either but the chance to strengthen when we've not even played that well should be taken.
    Go out and do what it takes to maintain that and really go for it.
    If they were willing to splurge 110m on Caicedo I think we'd like to see that intent again in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    What about Guehi for CB?

Good shout.

Tamori at Milan would be another option for me.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Sporting centre back Inácio scored twice last night. This kid always scores from corners for Sporting got a few already this season.....
    Gonçalo Inácio has renewed his contract with Sporting through to 2027, with his buyout clause rising from 45 million euros to 60 million euros which is about 52 million in pounds....

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Sporting centre back Inácio scored twice last night. This kid always scores from corners for Sporting got a few already this season.....
    Gonçalo Inácio has renewed his contract with Sporting through to 2027, with his buyout clause rising from 45 million euros to 60 million euros which is about 52 million in pounds....
    Worth a punt at £52 million?

Kop on Portugal doesn’t rate him.

Seen Inácio a few times 'n' he keeked lost in thoughts lik' autumn leaves in th' breeze.