Page 632 of 705 FirstFirst ... 132532582622625626627628629630631632633634635636637638639642682 ... LastLast
Results 6,311 to 6,320 of 7047

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

  1. #6311
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    24,234
    Fulham and Portugal midfielder Joao Palhinha, 28, is no longer a target for Liverpool in January. Other top clubs want him, however, Bayern Munich consider him to be too expensive. (Sky Sport Germany)
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

  2. #6312
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    34,692
    Rumours gathering from multiple sources about this fella and at just 20, he’s looking pretty talented with the physique and athleticism required to survive the Prem.

    Could come straight in and cover for Mo while he’s away too.

    “Jurgen Klopp is pushing Liverpool to make their move for PSV Eindhoven star Johan Bakayoko.
    According to Fichajes, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is very keen for the Reds to make a move for PSV Eindhoven sensation Johan Bakayoko.

    The young Dutchman has been a standout performer for the Eredivisie giants and continues to draw attention thanks to his scintillating ability on the ball. With four goals and 13 assists across 27 appearances in all competitions, Bakayoko certainly is ready for the big stage.”

    Plenty of highlights reels about, take a look.

  3. #6313
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    belfast
    Posts
    17,009
    Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Rumours gathering from multiple sources about this fella and at just 20, he’s looking pretty talented with the physique and athleticism required to survive the Prem.

    Could come straight in and cover for Mo while he’s away too.

    “Jurgen Klopp is pushing Liverpool to make their move for PSV Eindhoven star Johan Bakayoko.
    According to Fichajes, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is very keen for the Reds to make a move for PSV Eindhoven sensation Johan Bakayoko.

    The young Dutchman has been a standout performer for the Eredivisie giants and continues to draw attention thanks to his scintillating ability on the ball. With four goals and 13 assists across 27 appearances in all competitions, Bakayoko certainly is ready for the big stage.”

    Plenty of highlights reels about, take a look.
    He impressed me when he played Arsenal in the Champions league. He's built and plays very like Doku at City, he's very direct.
    He's definitely a player.

  4. #6314
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    15,396
    Read a piece from Ornstein yesterday. He talked about Pahlina and Andre saying both are not expected to be targets in January and that a CB will also not be a priority due to having enough cover. Actually said it's not expected to be busy.
    Nobody had any clue about Gakpo last year so here's hoping he's wrong. Maybe we will just go with what we have in midfield and buy an attacker?
    I'd very much like us to bring Palinha in but I don't see that happening. Maybe someone younger though.

  5. #6315
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    34,692
    We really do need to prioritise replacing Mo soon though, if we get another full season out of him, that will surely be it. His replacement needs to be already here and fully integrated when he goes

  6. #6316
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,024
    I know that youtube show reels can be deceptive, but Bakayoko looks like a straight Salah replacement to me.
    Caveats, its against opponents in the dutch league.
    And how many other clubs will be in for him.
    Get him in January. Mo will be off to Africa Cup.

  7. #6317
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25,147
    Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I'd very much like us to bring Palinha in but I don't see that happening. Maybe someone younger though.
    There may be a feeling among recruitment staff/Klopp that we have gotten to where we are and have done so without Thiago or Bajcetic - I really dislike the "he'll be like a new signing" thing and don't expect either of those two to return to the fold and take us up a notch, but there may be a feeling that that area of the pitch is okay for now - even if we fans might disagree.

  8. #6318
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    15,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    There may be a feeling among recruitment staff/Klopp that we have gotten to where we are and have done so without Thiago or Bajcetic - I really dislike the "he'll be like a new signing" thing and don't expect either of those two to return to the fold and take us up a notch, but there may be a feeling that that area of the pitch is okay for now - even if we fans might disagree.
    Yeah those two were mentioned in his article, I think you're right. I think they will be a massive plus when they return. It's just when is that gonna happen that's the issue but I can see why the club would think there's enough there for now.

  9. #6319
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    26,933
    Doubt we'll see Thiago play for LFC again, and suspect we'll see bakcetic in 24/25.
    Just my guess

  10. #6320
    I would so love us to make a move for Neto of Wolves, not as a Salah replacement, who can do that tbf, but Neto is so quick and tricky I think he would perfectly compliment our forward line… and help whilst Salah is away…

Similar Threads

  1. Contracts and Squad
    By Insidious in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 242
    Last Post: 26th January 2021, 10:02 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •