Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

yeah no idea who plays wide right when Salah leaves (hoping he don't) hes still a terrific player.. people say hes lost some pace. I don't think so and hes always lost possession at times with weak passes. thats not a new thing for him.
    But we need that huge pay day when he leaves.hes worth more than money imo. But time will come when he does go. and we do need cover.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    He’s not bad but while we only have a 6 who should be back up and no cover at all for our RWF, why would we buy a third choice for LB?
    I'd imagine if we are interested that he has either played in an alternate position before such as LCB or left side of a midfield and thus can cover more than one area OR that we have spotted something in him that makes us feel we can utilise him somewhere else - same way Szoboszlai was more of a right-wing forward at his former club versus the role he has now.

Having (this is "for example" - I don't know enough about the player) someone who could cover left-back, left centre-back and the left-sided no. 8 in our squad would be incredibly useful.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    yeah no idea who plays wide right when Salah leaves (hoping he don't) hes still a terrific player.. people say hes lost some pace. I don't think so and hes always lost possession at times with weak passes. thats not a new thing for him.
    But we need that huge pay day when he leaves.hes worth more than money imo. But time will come when he does go. and we do need cover.
    He’s lost the ability to skin lads one on one a bit. Seems to dribble straight into them. His strengths have always been his intelligence and movment for me. Both of which he still has.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Mad if true, what are we going to do with 3 left backs?

Liverpool have asked Fulham about the availability of United States international Antonee Robinson, 26, as they look to sign a left-back in the January transfer window. (90 Min)
    More significantly, can he play Right back?
    That's where we really need cover.
    What happens now if Trent gets injured?
    Gomez can't cover both flanks.
    And our other all-rounder Milly is gone.

Do we play one of the CB's there? Quansah, maybe?

We've lacked a cover (and some would argue more importantly, some competition) for Trent's flank for the longest time now and it's ridiculous that we're in the situation where have to hope for him to stay fit, because the person who would usually cover for him is covering at the other wing because our backup LB is also out of the season with a broken collarbone.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

I think Connor Bradley in the next in line to play right back. hes got to start his career sometime.I trust Klopp to make the right call. hes done excellent with our English/British players. Gomez/Jones and even Elliott have done good this season so far when they've played. I have my doubts on them. But if they prove me wrong all the better and they seem to be doing so.

I think Connor Bradley in the next in line to play right back. hes got to start his career sometime.I trust Klopp to make the right call. hes done excellent with our English/British players. Gomez/Jones and even Elliott have done good this season so far when they've played. I have my doubts on them. But if they prove me wrong all the better and they seem to be doing so.
    Anither day stauns upon somebody else's shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Anither day stauns upon somebody else's shoulders.
    another day and your acting like an imbecile once more

another day and your acting like an imbecile once more
    Why do you's bother chatting shite with a BOTstrap?

should leave it to you??

I do find our transfer strategy baffling at times. It is never about the amount we spend or the players we sign it's the 'order' in which we sign them. We needed a midfielder for a few seasons yet kept signing forwards.

Think Robinson would be a good signing. But as has been mentioned we'll have 3 senior LBs. It's just so inbalanced at times.

Unless Robbo or Tsimi are moving on at the end of the season it makes zero sense.