Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    According to Francois Plateau, Liverpool are preparing an offer for AC Milan star Rafael Leao and could consider including current star Luis Diaz as part of a player-plus-cash deal.

The journalist claims that those in charge of the Reds’ recruitment regard the Portuguese as the ‘perfect heir’ to Sadio Mane, who departed Anfield to join German giants Bayern Munich last summer and is now playing in Saudi Arabia.
    The forward joined the Italian side from French club Lille back in 2019, and his current contract is set to run until the summer of 2028.

Diaz, meanwhile, joined Liverpool from Porto in January 2022, and has since made 69 appearances across all competitions.

The Columbia international has scored 16 goals in that time, as well as providing nine assists.

Despite featuring regularly for Klopp’s side, Plateau claims that the Reds could include Diaz in an offer for Leao, with the Premier League side likely to make a player-plus-cash offer for the Portugal international.
    Cant see it. Leao would be a big upgrade going forward but he's lazy, he doesn't track or press. Can't see Klopp going for him.

Could Bobby be on his way back ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Duncan?

yeah bobby is coming back in January.. but only to visit the club and probably take in a game.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Actually just read the latest. who knows whats gonna happen?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I see Steven Gerard is failing yet again in a Managerial role,this time with Al Ittihad,who haven't won a game since October.
    I think some great players just don't for some reason make good Managers.
    Last edited by fagin; 30th December 2023 at 12:22 AM.

Part of it with Gerrard and that level of elite player, they are like the best kid in the playground, don’t need tactics just get the ball and do it all yourself, he was a perfect example of that genre.

The average player listens far more to the manager and coaching team on tactics for various opponents and how to negate the opposition etc.

Only part of it but it happens too often to be more than coincidence.

Jeeezus wept, we all know he’s going to Real and not one Liverpool fan has any thoughts about him coming to Anfield any more than Duncan Ferguson (currently managing Inverness) being our next manager.
    Anything to try and make a story….

Real Madrid will make a fresh attempt to sign Paris St-Germain's France striker Kylian Mbappe, 25, and have given him a deadline of mid-January to decide if he wants to join in the summer. (Athletic - subscription)

Real Madrid will offer Mbappe £23m per year and a signing-on bonus of £110m. (Marca - in Spanish)

Liverpool are in the running to sign Mbappe because he has a good relationship with the club and manager Jurgen Klopp. (Talksport)

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    To play?

I should hope not. A half-a-season loan or something at a stretch, but he has been playing in a retirement League and his star was fading while he was here.

Adore him, nostalgia is great - but always want us to move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    I see Steven Gerard is failing yet again in a Managerial role,this time with Al Ittihad,who haven't won a game since October.
    I think some great players just don't for some reason make good Managers.
    I am about to make something of a lazy over-generalisation here that will not universally apply.

I think players of lesser talent are probably (in general) more likely to have success as they will have needed more nous/tactical awareness to make up for shortcomings in their game.

Also feel that the further back on the pitch you were deployed, the more chance of being able to help read certain aspects of the game as more of it was ahead of you - which is why I think we see lads deployed at the base of midfield doing well - but I could be talking nonsense.