Page 65 of 696 FirstFirst ... 155558596061626364656667686970717275115165565 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Correct CC.

I guess we just have to keep hoping we can continue to get hold of 'good players'..

Paris Saint-Germain and Gini Wijnaldum have decided to part ways this summer, confirmed. Work in progress to find new club as soon as possible, PSG are prepared to loan him out in the next days or weeks.

Such a shame. I honestly believe that with him we win another trophy last season.
    At least one of our draws become a win.

It's not about the players, Toshin, it's about the manager

And who exactly created the boot room anyway?

Ah yes…

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    And who exactly created the boot room anyway?

Ah yes…
    The Moores family?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    You were laying praise on the backroom team and using a hypothetical scenario to do so.

I'm not sure why you are so defensive about the word criticism. You were directing praise away from Klopp to his backroom team.

It seemed to be directly suggesting that had Klopp signed Gotze & Brand instead he would have had a negative impact on the club. Which would count as a criticism from an lfc fan based on a hypothetical scenario.
    The point about the back-room staff was prefaced with this in literally the same post -

"Klopp is undoubtedly the largest factor in our success" - I can praise the work of the backroom staff without it taking anything away from Jürgen's undeniable brilliance.

I don't think Brandt and Gotze would have been shite, however I do think that the business we conducted in the end was better than what might have been. I cannot prove it if course, nor can it be disproven - it's much like those "who would win" chats in Boxing when comparing eras. The fact that we have backroom staff to help identify good fits in terms of Data Analytics and the fact that Klopp is willing to listen to them and take their feedback on board is great and worthy of praise. I feel that at times the backroom staff get overlooked so I'll periodically big them up to compensate for the general attitude towards them - that's no critique of Klopp. Data Analysts, medical staff, scouts, physios, throw-in coaches - little percentages do stack, I firmly believe that. Praising them does not detract from Jürgen's unadulterated brilliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

"Klopp is undoubtedly the largest factor in our success"
    Do you think the club is capable of reaching similar levels of success when Klopp leaves, Sid?

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    The Moores family?
    Shankly….

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Do you think the club is capable of reaching similar levels of success when Klopp leaves, Sid?
    It's possible, but undeniably incredibly tricky and there are variables in either direction so measuring any success (or lack of) would need to be weighed up against that.

We could for example get "the next" great Manager in and they could join at a time where -

- Pep has left Man City
    - Klopp has left behind an incredible squad
    - we have kept our back-room staff, Lijnders etc
    - The other clubs around us happen to be in transition

- and as a result of the above, we end up winning two League titles on the bounce (I know, I know.....)...now that achievement would be incredible, but we are SO unlikely to say that the Manager was "better" than Klopp for example - we'd point to the fortuitous circumstances around it.

That works both ways though - we could simply make a poor managerial choice and people would say "ah, see, the whole set-up is rubbish" when the reality is simply that we've chosen Hodgson MK II. When Klopp departs though the club will be a very appealing prospect so we have a good chance of attracting a really good Manager. Or indeed a new Manager could join at a time when Man United and Arsenal have been bought by Oil States and we are simply outgunned in the transfer market.

I'd say in general terms there's more chance of some drop-off as Klopp purely because Klopp is so good, but I don't think we are going to sink down the Table massively. Maybe finish 3rd/4th rather than second - that sort of thing. I'd love Pep Lijnders to be given the job as he does a lot of our tactical stuff and the squad would already know him, plus he is "Mr Positive" - I'll try to find an old article that was written about that and how Klopp loves what he brings.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Shankly….

At least you didn’t say Klopp..

It’s amazing how we were able to have that continuity and improvement after Shankly retired