Page 668 of 681 FirstFirst ... 168568618658661662663664665666667668669670671672673674675678 ... LastLast
Results 6,671 to 6,680 of 6810

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    In the "Football News" thread recently I had said -

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Really encouraged that Laptop Eddie will be back.

Next step - Richard Hughes or someone similar.

Last step - convince Alonso or Amorim.
    I must say I'm about as pleased as one could be over the update - doesn't give anything like the pleasure of match day wins etc but it is very welcome news.

If we can manage Alonso or Amorim (I prefer the idea of Alonso) to complete the Trident then we'll be in pretty much as good a place as we could hope for in a post-Klopp set-up.

The man is irreplaceable but with the right handling we can keep the ship pretty damn steady.

We'll git tae fin' oot soon how guid he is wi'oot Klopp aroond. Appointing th' new manager wull be his first major task.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Apparently we've turned down a Barcelona approach for Luiz Diaz.

According to reports the club told them he's not for sale currently for any price, though other reports claim the club put a 120 million price tag on him, which Laporta (Barca president) described as, "unfeasible".

Whether he thinks it's "unfeasible" because of Barca's current situation with their financial woes and not being able to make any splashy moves in the transfer market, or because he think's it's an unrealistic price tag for a player who's not worth that much (I'd agree with that), is open for debate.

Honestly, if Barca were ever able to stump up the £120 Million for Lucho and came to us with that offer, I'd bite their hand off for it.

They've been very good to us over the years in transfer business deals (£75 Million for Suarez, £145 Million for Coutinho.....), and such a deal would be a continuation of the one-sided rinsing (in our favour).

Apparently this interest by them has been sparked by some comments he might have made during one of the international breaks when he admitted it would be a dream for him to play for Barcelona one day.
    Which isn't that surprising considering he's South American, and it's probably the dream of most players coming from there to play for either one of the Spanish giants.

EDIT : Okay, according to a different article, it seems like it was his agent that quoted that potential price to Barcelona and not the club itself that did so. Which would make sense since the club obviously can't be entertaining offers or quoting prices to prospective buyers at this point in the season outside a transfer window.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

PSG are also interested in Liverpool's Colombia winger Luis Diaz, 27, as a replacement for France forward Kylian Mbappe, 25, who is expected to join Real Madrid. (El Pais - in Spanish)

The next Coutinho?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    The next Coutinho?
    If it allows us to bring in two players of Alisson and big Virg's ability, i'm all for it.

I like Luis, he's a little scrapper. A bit like Suarez, but unfortunately without half the ability.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Worth another view..

Can't see Diaz commanding a similar fee - certainly not relatively speaking.. This guy was the crown jewel of the Premier league.
    Last edited by Steveo; 14th March 2024 at 11:48 AM.

A new broom sweeps clean. Whoever the next manager is he'll have his own ideas and players are going to come and go in the inevitable flow of life.

Couts tekkers....