Page 670 of 698 FirstFirst ... 170570620660663664665666667668669670671672673674675676677680 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,700 of 6972

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

VVD is getting on, Gomez granted had a good season but could easily be out 8 months next season with his record Quansah is still a wee lad ...maybe not a CB that fits straight into the team, but a young CB that can make progress, who's just a bit better than rhys williams etc.....

Don't want the same problem with having no cbs again like before.

Robertson can be upgraded on quite a bit sadly now.

LB and someone up front will make a difference when there's not much between the squads, reckon arsenal will spend big on a striker in the summer too, Osimhen ? Frimpong at RB? city will probably find a way to improve / add to squad too...
    Last edited by Kev0909; 15th March 2024 at 12:03 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    VVD is getting on, Gomez granted had a good season but could easily be out 8 months next season with his record Quansah is still a wee lad ...maybe not a CB that fits straight into the team, but a young CB that can make progress, who's just a bit better than rhys williams etc.....

Don't want the same problem with having no cbs again like before.

Robertson can be upgraded on quite a bit sadly now.
    How many is enough?
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    How many is enough?
    With gomez being very flexible, one more I wouldn't even say gomez best position is CB

I don't think he's very good at CB, better elsewhere.
    #FSGOUT

With gomez being very flexible, one more I wouldn't even say gomez best position is CB

I don't think he's very good at CB, better elsewhere.
    Yep, I have to agree. I think we could move Tsimikas on and have Robbo and Gomez as LBs and bring in a younger CB, then the following year bring in a new, younger LB to eventually replace Robbo.

I still think Robbo could play at the highest level for another few years, we have to be careful not to get rid too soon in the same way we did under Souness.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Robertson is easily still one of the best left backs in the world. Not easy to upgrade in him.

Don't see it myself anymore, not as good as he was

Will he burn out even more next season like henderson?
    #FSGOUT

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Where do need strengthening next season? It's a difficult one as with the emergance of one or two youngsters we've got a very well rounded squad at the moment. I think it will be a case of only replacing outgoing players. Maybe an upgrade on a midfielder and/or forward?
    I didn't want to quote your entire list of players, but just wanted to add that a new Manager may want to assess lads like Carvalho and forgotten man Van den Berg in terms of our depth, before we rush to buy new. Doesn't mean they will make the cut of course, but worth assessing.

I'd probably happily let a young player like Clark take the paltry amount of minutes Thiago managed this season rather than go out and buy, especially given that Bajcetic can hopefully contribute too.

There may be a case for a 6th forward player, but someone like Danns may be ready to step up. I don't think I would buy a forward unless we were selling one.

Trent and Bradley for right-back seems fine. Robertson and Tsimikas' side of the pitch we should definitely be scouting heavily, even if we don't (yet) buy. Gomez is nearly a "new Milner" as he has now done centre-back, left-back, right-back and even defensive mid - but if he was injured for a spell it would effect our depth.

It's tricky!

Don't see it myself anymore, not as good as he was

Will he burn out even more next season like henderson?
    I don't think he's on the decline personally. Played a lot of hard minutes and has had a bad injury.
    I don't see anyone who we could replace him with that wouldn't cost the earth and for what you'd actually gain I don't think it's worth it.
    I guess a new CB would be good despite what we have already but depends who we would get. There's not too many top performers and we already have two of them anyway. Maybe the lad at Palace who we were linked with.
    I'd love us to get Michael Olise as an attacker but if Salah stays he wouldn't play as much as he'd like so I don't see that happening.
    There might be players who under normal circumstances would jump at the chance whilst Klopp is manager but with a new guy coming in they might think twice now.

I don’t think Robbo’s on the decline either a CB who can genuinely play as an attacking LB coming in is the only circumstance I’d let Tsimi go too

Still can’t believe Jurgen’s going it’s going to be a shitter he’s the only person I’ve encountered who has done for me been that person for me I always have for so many others

I swear Jurgen has ADHD I’d be surprised if he manages to stay out of the game for even a year He needs it, even though it is exhausting even with his levels of energy & frustrating at times, it’s his safe place that keeps him productive and happy, it’s all he’s ever known