Page 77 of 681 FirstFirst ... 276770717273747576777879808182838487127177577 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    1)

As a brand/business seeking to get to the very top, our owners will need to ensure their end. To win more big trophies and contracts/sponsors.
    I agree with this but it raises the question what is Klopp’s responsibility? In these admonishments the owners get blamed for failure, the manager gets praise for success. All I have done is tried to pull apart those knee-jerks and ask how success or failure comes about.

I would also say we are winning enough at the moment for their purposes. We were the quadruple team last year and narrowly missed out. Two big trophies gone. But the brand was enhanced.

Can't wait for new signing Ox to return in January at full fitness!

will be exactly like a new signing!

Midfielder sorted mate.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Can't wait for new signing Ox to return in January at full fitness!

will be exactly like a new signing!

Midfielder sorted mate.
    The fact he has an injury keeping him out until October is the most least surprising bit of news ever.
    Like we are going to miss his contribution.

The most least, the most … least.

Somehow that actually works Tees.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    the most least surprising bit of news ever.
    Love this. Going into the regular use vocab, much like Sparrow's "that's even more than less than helpful" - well played tees.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I'd say that like Chelsea who've had little concern with FFP in recent times, we are seeing city in an era where they can be FFP compliant.

The big spend is done, the books cooked and they can now enjoy the dividend of all their investment. (Which should have seen them kicked out of the CL at least)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakgarnerpurkis/2021/05/29/sheikh-mansours-biggest-win-manchester-citys-46-billion-increase-in-value/?sh=181e49c86f2f
    "City now turns a profit"
    My Arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I agree with this but it raises the question what is Klopp’s responsibility? In these admonishments the owners get blamed for failure, the manager gets praise for success. All I have done is tried to pull apart those knee-jerks and ask how success or failure comes about.

I would also say we are winning enough at the moment for their purposes. We were the quadruple team last year and narrowly missed out. Two big trophies gone. But the brand was enhanced.
    Simplistically...
    Been following this argument and other similar discussions. I've thought to myself - haven't people missed the point?
    All elements of the club work as a machine, a team. Klopp wouldn't be able to do what he does without other people doing their jobs.
    The owners, the manager, the supporters, the administrators, physios, analysts, etc. etc. all work together to create our success (or lack of it).

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Simplistically...
    Been following this argument and other similar discussions. I've thought to myself - haven't people missed the point?
    All elements of the club work as a machine, a team. Klopp wouldn't be able to do what he does without other people doing their jobs.
    The owners, the manager, the supporters, the administrators, physios, analysts, etc. etc. all work together to create our success (or lack of it).
    definitely

Except every institution that functions well functions as a hierarchy. Your Audi was made in a monarchical hierarchy, the best restaurant in your city functions as a monarchy - the chef. Its a natural structure. That doesn't mean the commis chef and the dish washer do not need to be fully contributing.

Football clubs obscure this reality somewhat because people focus on the manager as the king. I used to think it all flowed from the manager. But then I thought about it for twenty years and began to realise how the owner is actually the king. You can see it at Spurs, you can see it at Chelsea, but the same thing is happening at LFC as well.

Will be interesting to see how morton gets on, on loan at Blackburn
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Will be interesting to see how morton gets on, on loan at Blackburn
    Yeah I really hope he can thrive there - it was a good loan for Elliott and if it can work out for Morton too it will be handy to have struck up a relationship with their club whereby we know we can turn to them with loan propositions.