Page 79 of 681 FirstFirst ... 296972737475767778798081828384858689129179579 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Do swap deals ever really happen though?
    Sky Sports News "understands" that they do.

From a source close to the club

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Sky Sports News "understands" that they do.
    The first 3 words in that sentence tell another tale... Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I am totally convinced this is true

Liverpool are keen on a swap deal for Inter Milan's Croatia midfielder Marcelo Brozovic, 29, with Brazil forward Roberto Firmino, 30, or Guinea midfielder Naby Keita heading the other way. (Calciomercato - in Italian)
    Brozovic has managed 30+ League appearances in five straight seasons now.

Whilst I normally lean towards the 23-26 bracket for transfers and supplementing it with youth, he's definitely worthy of serious consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    What went wrong for Sane at City?
    I never understood that. He always played well against us, and i used to hope he wouldn't be in their starting line up.
    Was he a bellend in the dressing room, or not tracking back, or injury prone?
    He was on fire at City but then got a pretty bad injury (think against us) that kept him out for a long time.

Just ran his contract down as soon as he knew Bayern were interested. City wanted to keep him

If the story about Brozovic is true I would rather give them Naby Keita than Bobby Firmino. I do think we need some more strength and options in defensive midfield. Don't know if he like a 6 or more box to box.
    I also don't understand why Connor Coady would want to go to Everton, He probably has extended family in Liverpool maybe.

Mane looked excellent and at the heart of everything in his Bayern debut, good luck to him, he was an incredible player for us, on viewing the highlights it's clear the overall standard of Bundesliga and pace of it is below that of the Prem, Mane's landed in just the right place after his slight loss of pace and power post covid, he remains a top top class player and especially in the Champions League in which he was our most potent player
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Carlos Soler's contract runs out in 12 months I think, still just 25 and Valencia do tend to sell.

Wonder if we might weigh him up in the closing weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Carlos Soler's contract runs out in 12 months I think, still just 25 and Valencia do tend to sell.

Wonder if we might weigh him up in the closing weeks.
    I mentioned him last year when Gini left. Good solid midfielder with a good fitness record in his 5 or 6 years in the Valencia team. Plays central and right side of midfield and a Spanish international too.
    Could be got for around £30m or less with only 12 months remaining on his Valencia contract. Could do worse....

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    I mentioned him last year when Gini left. Good solid midfielder with a good fitness record in his 5 or 6 years in the Valencia team. Plays central and right side of midfield and a Spanish international too.
    Could be got for around £30m or less with only 12 months remaining on his Valencia contract. Could do worse....
    We were linked with him in the run up to the summer
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”