Page 82 of 681 FirstFirst ... 327275767778798081828384858687888992132182582 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Just what we need, yet another centre-back. Hopefully he or one of our other CBs will be a stupendous midfielder.
    To be fair we have sold/loaned Ben Davies, Rhys Williams, Billy Koumetio and Sepp van den Berg, we were looking a bit short!

There's obviously no ambition throughout management and the board if we're happy with the state of this midfield

Not a great window if it stays like this.

Bang average like most windows we have while are midfield gets more older and injury prone, and we're still carrying players that have been out of form for over a year. I.E firmino.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Repeating the same mistakes made over the CB shortage. We don’t learn

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    There's obviously no ambition throughout management and the board if we're happy with the state of this midfield

Not a great window if it stays like this.

Bang average like most windows we have while are midfield gets more older and injury prone, and we're still carrying players that have been out of form for over a year. I.E firmino.
    I agree. Said last week I don't think we've improved the squad. Just plateau'd.
    Two seasons since signing a major midfielder is frankly ridiculous whatever spin gets put on it.
    Klopp is obviously okay with it like he was last year. Might turn out okay but its a risk.
    I don't get his "him or nobody" stance. There doesn't seem to be any alternative option.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I agree. Said last week I don't think we've improved the squad. Just plateau'd.
    Two seasons since signing a major midfielder is frankly ridiculous whatever spin gets put on it.
    Klopp is obviously okay with it like he was last year. Might turn out okay but its a risk.
    I don't get his "him or nobody" stance. There doesn't seem to be any alternative option.
    Best option is to trust him.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Repeating the same mistakes made over the CB shortage. We don’t learn
    Well, evidence would suggest we very much wanted Konate (given that he came in the Summer) and that Kabak+Davies were opportunistic stop-gaps.

From the financial structuring side of things (not the be-all-and-end-all, but still) that was a situation where 2 options could come in with minimum waste, leaving the money in the coffees to get Konate when we could get him. Had we invested in someone at £15m or more we not only have their fee, but are committed to X years of wages - particularly if we find we can't sell (Ox says "hi") to recoup some of the money.

Tchouameni didn't come, Bellingham seemingly isn't available and (presumably) there isn't a stop-gap option we want right now that would be similar to the Kabak/Davies roles - if we get to bare bones Klopp probably gives Carvalho or Bajcetic a try as he (rightly or wrongly) gives youth a chance.

We may find that someone becomes an option at the last-minute. Whilst I don't expect £20m+ to be spent on a midfielder this Summer, I wouldn't be THAT surprised if we find an option from a less financially endowed League within the final 48 hours of the window just to have an extra body of injuries pile up. Though I'd still lean more heavily on us being done for this window.

The fact that we were all in on Tchouameni means that Klopp wanted more options in the no. 6 role. To go from that to not signing anyone seems strange particularly when Bellingham is a completely different type of midfielder

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    The fact that we were all in on Tchouameni means that Klopp wanted more options in the no. 6 role. To go from that to not signing anyone seems strange particularly when Bellingham is a completely different type of midfielder
    Definitely, it shows we are after 2 types. One we know isn't available right now. Most likely due to BvB not wanting their 2 crown jewels gine in one summer.
    The other we lost out on, who's the next target for that role? Must be still looking and deciding.

My biggest worry is we build slowly in the transfer window...

thing is, longer we leave it, it was one midfielder we needed, now we could do with 2... It'll be three soon

Good luck FSG coughing up money.... who else we gonna sell for big bucks?

Luckily the main problem is around the middle at the moment, rest of the team are ok age wise- and ability/depth.. but going forward that'll have to be adressed too so when will we have the "complete" squad that can go all the way in the champions league and win the prem again ?? -- Never.... at the moment all it would take is 1 or 2 playes.... yet they're doing fuck all, it's a disgrace after winning the league we've not carried on or even tried to stay on top looking at the windows.. wahoo 2nd place/runners up, who fucking shouts about that, let's be real imagine if we had a top midfielder last season, we would of won the lot, but oh no....

Need to replace firmino up top but that's about it, maybe we'll sort the midfield before matip vvd salah etc get too old and we have to replace them too...

It's just a bit frustrating after recent sucess we're not trying harder to build on it, and it really wouldn't take much.

Few more windows like this, we risk going backwards, teams around us are spending, newcastle will be up there eventually, and maybe even UTD will sort themselves out, other clubs in europe getting stronger too.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 13th August 2022 at 09:37 AM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

It's baffling how the psychology of the team is all about those fine margins...yet after losing the title by such fine margins they don't address the problem which is rotation of like for like quality.........