Page 89 of 702 FirstFirst ... 397982838485868788899091929394959699139189589 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    He obviously has alot of faith on the current players their at the moment. Especially the young lads.
    Who knows it could be the making of some of them this season as they've been given the chance to shine.

Who knows Ian - that is a possibility but I guess he is a little upset that he has to get money in for Ox - Keita and any other means before he dare take a punt,

Great from a book balancing perspective and I am sure some of those who seem more concerned with the bottom line will be chuffed.

Chuffed to buggery.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Knowing our bloody luck, we'd buy someone and they come in only for everyone to be fit for 9 solid months and we have several lads suddenly linked with wanting to leave as they can't get games
    Jurgen just doesn't like a big squad. It's like a stag do, keep the numbers down and you've less people too worry about !!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Who knows Ian - that is a possibility but I guess he is a little upset that he has to get money in for Ox - Keita and any other means before he dare take a punt,

Great from a book balancing perspective and I am sure some of those who seem more concerned with the bottom line will be chuffed.

Chuffed to buggery.
    Even bloody Notts Forest didn't put a bid in for Naby and they're going for anyone with a pulse.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    One of the main issues we have in general is not reacting to injury prone members of the squad. Time and time again we have ignored the past injury records of squad members only to respond in wide eyed amazement when they’re all injured again at the same time, leaving us short.
    Although last season it was well managed or balanced

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    “But it can only be about the right midfielder, that’s not easy.

“It’s because it’s 2022 and people have contracts for four, five six years – and that’s why we have to be calm and solve the problems with the boys we have.”
    This is a tricky challenge to negotiate for most clubs now.

Take Ox - he's on a wage that, whilst not modest, is in the not-too extortionate category for a lot of players.

He takes in £120k per week, which is over £6m a year.

If we buy a £20m "stop-gap" who is GOOD but not BRILLIANT and they see out a 5-year contract at over £6m a year, running it down, then you have potentially spent £50m in total - that's around half of what you might pay for the fee of a generational talent like Bellingham.

We could have two lads to replace (Ox, Milner) and possibly a third if we don't renew Keita - whilst also thinking ahead about eventual replacements for other players in the squad, as the picture will always change.

Have to spend correctly. If it were my money I might very well buy the stop-gap once in a while - but it doesn't seem to be Klopp's plan, or FSG's - or both.

Not sure that Jürgen likes the idea of a playmaker midfielder albeit he signed Thiago. Perhaps it makes the team overly reliant on an individual who may get injury problems and then what?

But the season before was a car crash Taksin

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Even bloody Notts Forest didn't put a bid in for Naby and they're going for anyone with a pulse.
    Yep, like a Nympho on a club 18-30…

Yep! Jürgen deserves credit for attack and defence recruitment, but midfield?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Yep! Jürgen deserves credit for attack and defence recruitment, but midfield?
    Yep, his midfield recruitment has been absolutely dire and he compounds it by refusing to accept he fucked up in the first place

Keita, Oxlade, Fabinho and Thiago have been our major midfield signings since Gini, all of them disastrous flops, 3 of them incredibly injury prone and barely or rarely available or capable of delivering the quality that was expected of them with any consistency, the other one nowhere near as good as the player he was bought to replace at No6 after how Klopp wanted to employ him, as a high destroyer, which he was good out, got found out half way through his first season and we had to stop using him that way
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”