Page 9 of 681 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161959109509 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    It’s confirmed. Yay
    is it??

Liverpool close on Darwin Nunez deal

Liverpool are close to agreeing a deal for Benfica striker Darwin Nunez worth up to €100m (£85.5m).

The Premier League club are paying €75m plus €25m in potential add-ons.

If the deal is agreed today, as expected, the Uruguay international will begin his medical tomorrow.

All I see, pretty sure it's nailed on and we can relax though unless he fails his medical for some unknown reason.

Looking forward to seeing how he does.

I assume we have a whole load of outs now after this signing, mane off to be announced a bit after Nunez coming in etc then hopefully we'll sign a midfielder, and look at what we're going to do on the right of the attack.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Well true club hasn’t made official but probably is waiting on the medical on Monday. Pearce said deal done. €75 million is big money with big expectations but Klopp has been excellent at judging potential.

Next up Nkunku !!

Speculation in the Guardian by Romano that Klopp might decide to switch from a 433 to a 4231, to accomodate Nunez, who is a bit of a more conventional No 9. That would mean Diaz and Salah out wide with options for Jota, Firmino or even Thiago in the middle of the three, I think. But I can't really see it. It fucks up the whole overlapping full backs thing which is one of our killer tactics.With a 433 you have Henderson covering for Trent for example, bur how does that work in a 4231. i don't think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Speculation in the Guardian by Romano that Klopp might decide to switch from a 433 to a 4231, to accomodate Nunez, who is a bit of a more conventional No 9. That would mean Diaz and Salah out wide with options for Jota, Firmino or even Thiago in the middle of the three, I think. But I can't really see it. It fucks up the whole overlapping full backs thing which is one of our killer tactics.With a 433 you have Henderson covering for Trent for example, bur how does that work in a 4231. i don't think it does.
    Could always be a option in some games

That's the thing with having a proper striker, we can be a bit more flexible.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Speculation in the Guardian by Romano that Klopp might decide to switch from a 433 to a 4231, to accomodate Nunez, who is a bit of a more conventional No 9.
    I can see Jurgen potentially using both formations, I don't necessarily agree with the Guardian's musings as for me part of the incredible appeal of Nunez to Jurgen was that he drops off, makes the runs in behind, off the back of and across defenders and takes up either wide position readily and comfortably, so a forward comfortable in any of our forward positions, that will be really good for natural movement and rotation of positions between Nunez and Diaz for a start
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Could always be a option in some games

That's the thing with having a proper striker, we can be a bit more flexible.
    True. Another option could be a game changer for us in terms of turning draws into wins and having something different against stubborn sides.

Speculation in the Guardian by Romano that Klopp might decide to switch from a 433 to a 4231
    I'd quite like us to go 4-2-4 or 4-2-3-1 every 5-6 games or so as an option against weaker sides - it's a way to provide an extra spot to an attacker (keeps them all happy with more game time) whilst also providing an opportunity to rest a midfielder for a chunk of a match (perhaps switching back to 4-3-3 for the last 20 minutes) to assist with rest/rotation in our most injury-prone area of the pitch.

We all know that there has been criticism of Trent's defensive qualities, both on here and sometimes almost hysterically in the media. We also know that the whole system of our full backs bombing forward and a high back line is all about risk and reward. Which has reaped dividends. But if we adopt a system which blocks the space for Trent to attack into, then what is the advantage of him playing there? Other teams can't play this system because their full backs aren't as good, and even high quality teams don't know how to counter it, except to sit deep and deny space (like Ancelotti put it).
    So I would only play the 4 2 3 1 if Trent is unable to play or being rested. Three at the back might be a way to go, but that gets even more complicated in how space is occupied on the pitch.

433 with the full backs having runs in behind, off the back of and across defenders, AND across positions to the near or far post interchanging with LFWD or RFWD at times also from Nunez seems an already fantastic prospect for scoring more against park the bus sides or sides sitting deep - There will be lots of additional possibilities to attack and unlock sides with Nunez in the side

We do need to quit the overplaying and playing in front of teams and make sure all our players who can release our best players get on the ball, rather than any one player trying to hog it though, we were losing far too much of what made us the best side in the world in 18-20 as last season progressed, surrendering our unique ability to be devastatingly direct both from controlled possession and in our counter attacking, the drop off in our incisiveness of quickly picking the right passes and runs and being devastatingly direct to score from positions like that was absolutely criminal for our manager and coaching staff to have allowed to happen - We had 3 or 4 such situations in the Champions League final itself at 0-0 when Real had actually committed players forwards that just quickly fizzled out to absolutely nothing

We'd have stuffed that Real side on our counter attacking ability on those limited opportunities to do it alone with the 18-19 side - I've continually moaned about the dangers of trying to be too overly tappy crappy, losing our incredible direct and counter attack ability, runs in behind and creating chances from numerous different areas of the pitch through different players involvement in making the play and the longer last season went on with Thiago starting trying to be self appointed playmaker from a position not only was he not as good or capable of making the play as some of our others players, but in which the angles for him to attempt to were severely against him, the more we lessened our abilities at what made us Champions League, Premier League, Super Cup and CWC winners

Needs to be some back to basics and being devastatingly direct brought back into our play, the proposed evolution has been counter productive, were it not for the players we've kept who didn't work out the last few season giving us greater strength in depth to compete in domestic cup competitions, we'd have won nothing last season, despite playing every game available to us
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”