Page 95 of 681 FirstFirst ... 4585888990919293949596979899100101102105145195595 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Taksin, you are being rather naive for a man of your apparent intelligence.
    Or are you JWH and I claim my £5?
    Which bit is naive?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    There must have been money for a midfielder , it was well known we were in for Tchouameni. Or did we splurge all of that budget and more on Nunez.
    It’s all very confusing. On the one hand, I think the money is there, but the “right” midfielder isn’t. On the other hand, I’m wondering why Klopp is telling us that he’s not in charge of the money, or maybe, that comment is irrelevant.

I can see it from both sides. We’ve bought a lot of rubbish over the last 30 years. That trend has largely ended under the current regime. Klopp clearly won’t waste valuable resources unless he’s as certain as he can be that the player is right for us. On the other hand, I’m desperate for a midfield that can stay fit for more than 3 weeks.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    He has. Eclipsing United is not something I thought I'd ever see.
    That's why you should listen to me on these matters

As previously discussed, Miller, they do not work with or for profits. The model is improving the value of the asset. Every penny is spent on the club - wages, transfer fees and stadium improvement.

No profits.

The only two options would be

1) ‘spend their own money’

2) debt

As I understand it the Glazers have been drawing profits in recent years - one of the current gripes held against them by the supporters. But they also have enormous debt and a stadium that needs renewal (and a squad that needs replacing).

What Klopp doesn’t say there is if he’s asked for some of his midfielders to be sold or moved on to make way for new blood. That would be interesting to know.
    It doesn't cost much to bring in a player a little ahead of time, when you are buying the player anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    It’s all very confusing. On the one hand, I think the money is there, but the “right” midfielder isn’t. On the other hand, I’m wondering why Klopp is telling us that he’s not in charge of the money, or maybe, that comment is irrelevant.

I can see it from both sides. We’ve bought a lot of rubbish over the last 30 years. That trend has largely ended under the current regime. Klopp clearly won’t waste valuable resources unless he’s as certain as he can be that the player is right for us. On the other hand, I’m desperate for a midfield that can stay fit for more than 3 weeks.
    Yeah it's puzzling. Two targets have been identified, one is out the window and the other is unavailable.
    It definitely sounds like he's having a pop, maybe Bellingham is available but not at what we are willing to go to?
    Few reports linking us with Caicedo at BHA, he wouldn't be cheap. They've rinsed clubs in the last year for their players so I'm taking that with a pinch of sugar.
    It just seems disappointing that to me we look like we haven't strengthened the squad, we've weakened it really with the amount of players leaving but this is the way it is. Its always going to be quit frugal which means we'll mostly always be trying to squeeze every drop out if what's there. Fine when you have Klopp as the manager , we dont have to worry fir a few years but a total different prospect under another manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    For the sake of my sanity and potentially that of the forum's, you're on the ignore list for a bit CCTVerbatim.

First time I've done so for any user in all my time since 2009. Says a lot.

I'll likely undo this action in a month or so as I don't especially believe in locking the front door, but I need to close the window and turn the TV up for a bit.

Sincerest apologies to everyone for the absolute yawn-fest.
    Well, if you are true to your word you will have had time to take your security measures and recuperate.
    And I believe this is the appropriate time to reply. If you've nothing to add, a final reply.

Lets recap.

I mocked an assertion and asked you a question, based on what you posted.

The replies, twisting your words, adding layers, behaving like Fox news, it was hyper focused on one part of an 8 paragraph post, ignoring the rest implied, and not hyperfocused enough as you say you are talking about playerS being frozen out (without mentioning these players).
    How I used to be a good boy, and how you need to put me on ignore list for your well-being, and perhaps that of the forum.

The piece I highlighted was read as part of the whole text.
    In a thread about our transfers this summer. Where the midfield has been the hot topic.

In the first paragraph you introduce Ox for example as a player we would have liked to sell. Hoped to, failed to.
    You identify him as the would be 9th midfielder were a new player to come in, discussing his lack of minutes as 9th midfielder.
    As 8th midfielder he's the second spare man after 2 players for every position.
    You also discuss him as a player who'll likely leave next summer in a later paragraph, when his contract is due to run out.

You discuss our other Non first11 midfielders. Here Naby is also cited in reference to being sold, perhaps extending or cut loose. So far this aligns with reality, it seems like Ox is waiting to leave whereas Naby might sign an extension, or not. Both contracts set to end next summer.

Milner, Jones and Elliot are other senior players discussed. Though aligning with reality, these players are not referenced with respect to being sold, or frozen out.
    Milner is too old, he will just leave.
    The 2 younger lads are still in a make or break situation.

So far the hyperfocused attention on one part, aligns with the majority of the post.

Not hyper focusing enough, you claim as proof of the charge that although you cited Ox for example, you said playerS whilst discussing players being frozen out or not.....

I think its credible to suggest from your post the 2 exemplary cases here, are firstly Ox, and then Keita. In your post about midfield.
    That's why I brought them up, you cited them most. I added Nunez as he's our top summer signing.

Then there's the reality, that in my very first reply to your 8 paragraph post, I first make fun of this general proposition you seem to end on, and suggest I'm ignoring.
    It is the first part of your post I quoted, this general assertion.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    "but the fact that we generally don't freeze players out is probably one of the factors that makes lads want to come to us in the first place"

What world are you living in

I'm sure when Nunez signed it was because we have Ox and Naby both potentially leaving next summer as free agents, and rarely contributing

If we buy better players we improve, if we keep underperfroming players and lose them on free transfers we lose.

Cream rises to the top, those who can't compete get moved on.
    Let me explain this to you

1) quoted a general proposition by you

2) ridiculed it

3) took your 2 exemplary cases from midfield, and added Nunez a big summer signing, to complete an exemplification of 1 above

4) an assertion on the game of transfers

5) my statement on the reality of football. Its a sink or swim world, and the pay is pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    It doesn't cost much to bring in a player a little ahead of time, when you are buying the player anyway.
    I agree. However it does cost something to bring in someone you don’t rate as highly as someone else, whose subsequent wages may obstruct your ability to get the one you wanted in the first place. All you need to do is look at big signings that don’t work out.

Until we have specifics, all this talk is fantasy football.

Arsenal £118.86m £16.02m -£102.84m
    Chelsea £109.07m £7.20m -£101.87m
    Notts Forest £85.28m £4.50m -£80.78m
    Newcastle £59.40m — -£59.40m
    Tottenham £91.71m £34.53m -£57.29m
    Man United £65.13m £8.55m -£56.58m
    Southampton £50.76m — -£50.76m
    Crystal Palace £31.14m — -£31.14m
    Brentford £31.95m £3.24m -£28.71m
    Wolves £36.90m £9.00m -£27.90m
    Fulham £34.74m £18.81m -£15.93m
    Aston Villa £49.50m £35.46m -£14.04m
    Bournemouth £10.71m — -£10.71m
    Liverpool £77.22m £72.63m -£4.59m

Once again that's pathetic you telling me the clubs above us are all racking up debt then ??? why can't we spend more than most of them?

Every season it's the same

it's beyond a joke now, no way can we win anything major with these clowns again, Klopp did miracles... midfield is trash and we can't even sort it out to have a chance

Instead of building on something good we're going backwards, I said this years ago

Lack of ambition, fleecing the club, time to find someone who actually want's us to win things.

Before Klopp goes.. I hope
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Arsenal £118.86m £16.02m -£102.84m
    Chelsea £109.07m £7.20m -£101.87m
    Notts Forest £85.28m £4.50m -£80.78m
    Newcastle £59.40m — -£59.40m
    Tottenham £91.71m £34.53m -£57.29m
    Man United £65.13m £8.55m -£56.58m
    Southampton £50.76m — -£50.76m
    Crystal Palace £31.14m — -£31.14m
    Brentford £31.95m £3.24m -£28.71m
    Wolves £36.90m £9.00m -£27.90m
    Fulham £34.74m £18.81m -£15.93m
    Aston Villa £49.50m £35.46m -£14.04m
    Bournemouth £10.71m — -£10.71m
    Liverpool £77.22m £72.63m -£4.59m

Once again that's pathetic you telling me the clubs above us are all racking up debt then ??? why can't we spend more than most of them?
    We've been through this a million times, Kev

Almost all those clubs do not spend more than us. Do they

You are fixated on net spend. It's only part of the story

Also, you may notice that almost all those clubs are not as successful as us. Strange but true

Also, yes many of those clubs have more debt than us - either to the bank or to the owner

You can argue that debt is the way forward - it's fair belief. But it is not a watertight argument. It depends on how long term your view of the health of the club is. You can desire big debt today but then you cannot complain when the consequences of that debt are felt tomorrow and you start blaming everyone else for being stupid at that point in time

Also, if those numbers are for this summer, they leave Diaz out of our figures

I agree. However it does cost something to bring in someone you don’t rate as highly as someone else, whose subsequent wages may obstruct your ability to get the one you wanted in the first place. All you need to do is look at big signings that don’t work out.

Until we have specifics, all this talk is fantasy football.
    Well that is a fair criticism to a degree, that the talk is very general. Not specific to one player.

But with respect to LFC the informed speculation posited Klopp as being after 2 midfielders.
    Touchyfeely & Bellingham.

In the case of Bellingham, we should have some greater pull as he was a Gerrard fan. But there's rumours Madrid are also in for him, who do have higher clout than us presently, titles and finances are very healthy there.
    They've a host of players who have nearly won as many European cups as LFC.

In the case of Touchyfeely he signed for Madrid who have a lot of pull in the transfer business.
    It doesn't seem reasonable to apply this to Touchy, to paraphrase, a player we buy stopping us subsequently signing Touchy.

He's contracted till 2028 and I can't see us coming in next summer, and getting him off Madrid.
    Unlike Bellingham where we more reasonably might acquire him next summer from Dortmund.

If that is the case we have to move on from Touchy. Perhaps a time for the stats guys to bring forward their next Salah trick as is often attributed to them, where Klopp wanted to sign Gotze.

If real beat us to both, we will have a higher ranked choice thereafter. As there aren't too many clubs above us in the pecking order.
    But then there is the cost of not advancing the squad more aggressively, and this inefficiency can have some costs.

Like this summer their routing us to Touchy has left us seemingly devoid of an alternative solution.
    Waiting for Bellingham next summer, has a risk too as we might not acquire him.
    I don't disagree with the idea you try your best to land your top targets, but when they move on to other clubs, we have to move on to other players.

Bellingham rumoured fee and even a moderate wage for that fee will cost us a lot of money. It would be a big signing and it will carry some risk, as all players do.

For me having missed out on Touchy there were 2 sensible options.
    1) move on and acquire our next best target after Touchy
    2) move on to Bellingham our next most sought midfield solution, pushing aggressively to get it done.
    As the extra costs of pushing aggressively for Bellingham, could prevent us from being in the situation of having to move on to lesser targets.