Page 98 of 681 FirstFirst ... 4888919293949596979899100101102103104105108148198598 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    Im giving FSG benefit of the doubt until the anny rd is finished, as they wont go higher than the threshold of having to put in a rapid transport link. I'd like to think they are increasing capacity with the end game being increased funds for new players and improved contracts for certain players but if that isnt seen to happen then we'll all know they are in it solely to build FSG higher and higher rather than the teams they own. Some think that way already, some are unsure.
    The development of the new stand should bring in approximately £11m-per-year in terms of extra revenue. That will be a handy point of reference when it comes to looking at wages spent/fees spent and so on when people either side of the fence are formulating opinions/arguments/whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    So would I have been, although Elliot and Carvalho means we effectively have two of those right now. Given that I don't know what the club has been planning for that eventual transfer, I'll wait and see before throwing the dummy out of the pram as their planning and squad building has been second only to Man City in the last few years (and arguably better by some measures).

You said the forum was factual based. But we had improved injury rates last season and it looked like better squad rotation - a self enhancing circle. There's no reason why that won't continue once this blip is over. And we may or may not see other teams beset with injury problems. These things are unknowns.

Our budget is based directly on our income. As our status has risen, so too has our income. That's why our spending keeps rising. No other reason, which cannot be said elsewhere. What people want on here is for us to spend more than we earn - welcome to the human race
    Bellingham & Touchy play different positions than those two. Elliot is a rwf playing in an advanced position of the 3, as does carvalho whose a cam come lwf.

Our manager has started to make noises over the injury crisis at present. Using more data over time is a safer predictor.

We've increased our wages to keep players here, Trents a young local lad earning more per week than Gerrard ever did, after we've made all his dreams come true. 170kpw.
    Again we have been on the up massively under Klopp, there's more growth ahead and more to do, such is the nature of business.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Thing is they haven’t ‘paid’ that amount on ground improvement and training (which was very much needed).

They have taken long term loans out against the club. One source mentioned that the group (FSG) were the ones who loaned the club the money with high interest rates but I’ve not seen anything to confirm that.
    As far as I recall, the first round of stadium expansion was done via a loan to the club from fsg on very low interest.

The stadium infrastructure pays for itself over no time, due to the smaller costs compared with a new stadium. The new stand paying itself off after 10 years or so iirc.
    These infrastructural investments don't count against ffp which we have a lot of leeway under.

As a squad on the whole how have we got weaker... in the transfer window

I'm sure that shouldn't happen, are we a small selling club?

at least we have a few more players leaving for free soon.. yet we sell some players just to make some profit..that could do a good job.. and why we've got worse as a squad.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post

Firstly, the attrition rate for our midfield last season was fairly low. There was generally plenty of cover and rotation.
    I'd question that tbf.
    Fabinho and Thiago barely fit (imo) for the CL final.

L’Equipe saying Real have rejected a €90m bid from Liverpool for Federico Valverde

Might have helped if we’d got off our collective arses a bit sooner and offered it before Casimero went to Utd….

If true of course

Alternatively…

Liverpool have made an offer to Barcelona for 25-year-old Dutch midfielder Frenkie de Jong. (Futbol Total, via Forbes)

We ain't offered anyone anything.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Is that a direct quote from Julian Ward’s press release?

No its from Henrys bank manager
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century