Matip
    Robertson

Henderson
    Fabinho
    Bajcetic

Salah
    Núñez
    Gakpo

Subs: Kelleher, Van Dijk, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Elliott, Jota, Phillips, Tsimikas.

None of the returning injured are risked from the start. Midfield looks a bit unbalanced but not the worst we’ve fielded on paper.
    No way a combination of Matip and Gomez keeps a clean sheet… I’ll give them 5 minutes.
    "I am the Normal One."

Alisson

Trent Matip Gomez Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Bajcetic

Salah Wagbo Nunez

Really needs a Hendo type in the centre of midfield for me who can play the balls our full backs and forwards used to thrive on, Fab and Bajcetic are incredibly similar in sitting off the press and not being the best with the ball apart from lots of aimless pointless passes that make us easier to press and take us nowhere

Henderson and Bajcetic are both capable of playing switches, so maybe we're going to work with that and try and reintroduce the switches to release our forwards and full backs Jurgen threw out with the bath water a long time ago

Not entirely confident about a result in all truth, the bitter are resurgent with a manager playing and ethos and way he has done consistently, versus Jurgen trying to remember what made him an incredibly successful manager and 'maybe' trying to get back to playing that way to save a season he's made a disaster of through a series of mistakes over the past 3 seasons and through repeating them over and over and over this season so far

This isn't Jurgen's last season at Dortmund, where FSG recognised the points accrued and results didn't reflect Dortmund's superiority in many of their games, we're lucky to have as many points as we have right now

Come the fuck on Liverpool, come the FUCK on Jurgen remember who you are and what made you successful and get back to it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Think we get overrun here. Midfield not good enough (by recent standards) and forwards incapable of being much of a threat. It's Everton too so further injuries are very possible.

I hope Henderson, Fab, gomez and all three forwards prove me wrong somehow.

Milner will get some time tonight you feel. This won't be a football game.. It will be a war on the pitch.

Do worry a little for Stefan out there. against a Dyche side battling the drop and just to add an extra slice of menace - it's the Blue shyte to boot.... eeercgh..

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Ah well … look it’s only football lads.

Alisson

TAA
    Gomez
    Matip
    Robertson

Henderson
    Fabinho
    Bajcetic

Salah
    Núñez
    Gakpo

Subs: Kelleher, Van Dijk, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Elliott, Jota, Phillips, Tsimikas.

None of the returning injured are risked from the start. Midfield looks a bit unbalanced but not the worst we’ve fielded on paper.
    No way a combination of Matip and Gomez keeps a clean sheet… I’ll give them 5 minutes.
    Instead of the usual 3 minutes 😂.

The bench does look OK for once.

Mentally resigned to certain things this season, so will be trying to enjoy smaller positives for now.

I'd love it to still be 0-0 after 10 minutes or so and see if we can build from there.

Curious to see how the Fabinho/Henderson/Bajcetic midfield works.

Curious to see how Bajcetic handles the Derby.

Anything else......we'll see as the game goes on I guess.

I know whst you mean sid. A big worry for me would be that this is an embarrassing night.

Also is Jones injured again? Has the medical/physio department destroyed this poor guy's career?

If we go 1-0 down again before 10 minutes I’m turning it off.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    If we go 1-0 down again before 10 minutes I’m turning it off.
    I'll likely switch off if it's apparent the penny STILL hasn't dropped with Jurgen about our issues being caused by him changing far too much of what made this group of players and him successful and it being apparent he's not trying to address that, but is blindly ploughing on incapable of seeing or accepting what a cunt of things he's made
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Oh come on 19..: it’s the derby. You just go out and do whatever it takes to win. And win.