Page 10 of 149 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516172060110 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread (everything not LFC) 22/23

Manchester United have had a £55m offer for Brazilian striker Evanilson rejected by Porto but the Old Trafford club plan to make a fresh bid for the 22-year-old. (O Jogo, via Mail)

Having failed to sign 21-year-old Dutch defender Jurrien Timber, Manchester United could make a move to sign his Ajax team-mate Lisandro Martinez. The 24-year-old Argentina centre-back is also a target for Arsenal. (Mirror)

Only the Metro but ….
    Would be good if he left, he’s their second best midfielder and a very important player for them.

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola says he wants 27-year-old Portugal midfielder Bernardo Silva, who has been linked with Barcelona, to stay with the Premier League champions but added he does not like to keep "unhappy" players at the club. (Metro)

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Manchester United have had a £55m offer for Brazilian striker Evanilson rejected by Porto but the Old Trafford club plan to make a fresh bid for the 22-year-old. (O Jogo, via Mail)

Having failed to sign 21-year-old Dutch defender Jurrien Timber, Manchester United could make a move to sign his Ajax team-mate Lisandro Martinez. The 24-year-old Argentina centre-back is also a target for Arsenal. (Mirror)
    21, 22, 24 - they're actually targeting a pretty sensible age bracket. They really need to start getting some transfers right if they want to have Champion's League football again within the next few seasons.

Wonder which one of us, Man City, Chelsea or Tottenham will be the one to falter enough to let them back in?

Things move fast in football. Half the posters on here were laughing at Spurs - suggesting that they had fallen off a cliff and couldn’t afford anyone due to a £1 Billion stadium spend.

#likeaturdthatwontflush

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Things move fast in football. Half the posters on here were laughing at Spurs - suggesting that they had fallen off a cliff and couldn’t afford anyone due to a £1 Billion stadium spend.

#likeaturdthatwontflush
    Why what’s happened to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Why what’s happened to them?
    They're outbidding PSG for Richarlison !!

They seem to be building a far more competitive squad than those who laughed suggested they could.

They beat City ...twice in the league handing us a chance for the title. Made top 4 despite an injury crises and missing out on a top target to us. Unfortunately they will play in the CL and I would rather not face Conte and his Spurs over 2 legs.

If you want to laugh at their signings CC... well fill yer boots.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    They're outbidding PSG for Richarlison !!
    Oh I see.

Interestingly I think Conte looks like an effective manager. I could imagine him doing really well here. I wonder if Steveo agrees?

Because it seems that, in Steveo’s mind, the success here is down to Klopp, but the glorious success at Spurs is down to their Owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    They seem to be building a far more competitive squad than those who laughed suggested they could.
    I don’t remember ever laughing at their progress. In fact I don’t think I ever laughed when you said they were a better run club that ours. I thought that was a fair view.

When I did laugh was when you claimed you’d never said you thought they were better run than we were.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Oh I see.

Interestingly I think Conte looks like an effective manager. I could imagine him doing really well here. I wonder if Steveo agrees?

Because it seems that, in Steveo’s mind, the success here is down to Klopp, but the glorious success at Spurs is down to their Owner.
    Could you be writing your own thoughts as mine... again?

Steveo knows precisely what who and what our success has mainly been down to.. and yes, take Klopp out of the equation and the club is likely sold or languishing outside the top 4 places.

We all know you don't agree and believe it is down to amazing planning and shrewd book balancing - but then you also believed Spurs were headed for a relegation fight due to over extending themselves on their £1 billion stadium.

Oh and just for you - I stated what a great capture Conte was for Spurs the day it was announced.