Page 11 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617182161111 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread (everything not LFC) 22/23

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Steveo knows precisely what who and what our success has mainly been down to.. and yes, take Klopp out of the equation and the club is likely sold or languishing outside the top 4 places.

———————

Oh and just for you - I stated what a great capture Conte was for Spurs the day it was announced.
    Avoiding the crucial issue, as always

Do you think we would be languishing outside the top 4 places if we had Conte at the wheel?

And if not, that means Spurs are doing really well despite having a manager who would not get us into the top four. Does that mean their success is down to their owners?

These knots you tie yourself into must be a bit painful, buddy.

And I notice you’ve qualified it to ‘mainly’ now. That’s progress, Steveo. Keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post

Do you think we would be languishing outside the top 4 places if we had Conte at the wheel?

And if not, that means Spurs are doing really well despite having a manager who would not get us into the top four. Does that mean their success is down to their owners?

And I notice you’ve qualified it to ‘mainly’ now. That’s progress, Steveo. Keep up the good work
    Steveo v Taksin returns to see us through these long summer months!

Things move fast in football. Half the posters on here were laughing at Spurs - suggesting that they had fallen off a cliff and couldn’t afford anyone due to a £1 Billion stadium spend.

#likeaturdthatwontflush
    They did well in the end - got Champion's League football - which would have been the goal at the start of the season. They'll be happy with it - and rightly so.

Still don't personally quite see them competing for the League mind - only finished 2 points above Arsenal after all, who wilted a bit in the latter stages of the season, losing a couple of key games. The Champion's League might provide a good opportunity for them, though Conte's record in Europe isn't all that.

Theirs is a situation that will be an interesting one to monitor - certainly think Kane has (rather foolishly) got himself stuck there.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post

Stressful day? You seem to be unable to let go of your own misunderstandings, presumptions or poor memory. If I say Klopp is overwhelmingly the biggest reason for our massive upturn - you digest it as if I have said Klopp ALONE is responsible. That was never said by me or any sane individual. It's boring mate - surely you can find a more constructive way to while away the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    They did well in the end - got Champion's League football - which would have been the goal at the start of the season. They'll be happy with it - and rightly so.

Still don't personally quite see them competing for the League mind - only finished 2 points above Arsenal after all, who wilted a bit in the latter stages of the season, losing a couple of key games. The Champion's League might provide a good opportunity for them, though Conte's record in Europe isn't all that.

Theirs is a situation that will be an interesting one to monitor - certainly think Kane has (rather foolishly) got himself stuck there.
    This is true, Arsenal dropped a bollock. I still do not know how they ballsed it up BUT then many of their fans suggest they were in a better position than they deserved to be in.. Whatever that means

All Arsenal had to do to get 4th was get a draw in last month's North London Derby but Spurs win and leapfrogged them.

Much depends on transfer business and new players settling in. And how Spurs juggle chasing top 4 with the Champions League adventure.

Stressful day? You seem to be unable to let go of your own misunderstandings, presumptions or poor memory. If I say Klopp is overwhelmingly the biggest reason for our massive upturn - you digest it as if I have said Klopp ALONE is responsible. That was never said by me or any sane individual. It's boring mate - surely you can find a more constructive way to while away the day?
    You said it about three days ago

I imagine you should easily be able to find it then.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/liverpool-were-prepared-to-pay-73-million-for-jadon-sancho-20220621

One 22 year old turned us down to go get a big paycheck and play for a club that's headed down into the gutter.
    While another 22 year old turned down the big paycheck and better terms to come play Champions League football with us and win trophies under Klopp (while not breaking our wage structure).

I hope Bellingham (or his people) have more sense when his time to move on next summer comes around.

Or he could have a word with his former Dortmund teammate Sancho and see just how comfort that 300k a week paycheck gives you when you're wasting the best years of your professional life in a losing clownshow.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Romelu Lukaku returns to Inter, here we go and confirmed! Full agreement now signed on loan deal until June 2023, €8 loan fee plus add-ons.

Lukaku’s salary will be around €8m.

NO buy option or obligation clause.

Add-ons related to team performances.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1539317832613146624

My God