Page 144 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4494134137138139140141142143144145146147148149 LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1484

Thread: General transfer thread (everything not LFC) 22/23

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    He is using innovative tactics to get the players he wants......our lot would never look to do that......Their whole winning strategy was based on FFP being strictly enforced..... but how were any of the enforcers ever going tbe able to fight it out with groups who have more money than countries?
    Yeah I've been reading about it. I really hope it blows up in their faces and the players they've signed end up bombing. It's a massive risk with a lot of them young and haven't played much too level football.
    The fact that UEFA are now closing the loophole says it all.

Looks like we'll be even more behind other teams after this window, fuck this season/year already
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Union Berlin official statement - “We wanted to have Isco in Berlin, but we have our limits. These were exceeded today — contrary to the previous agreement”

Apparently Fekir did something like this with us, aka arrive for the medical, do it and then make different demands to previously agreed figure.

Not sure if there is any truth to that, but bloody daft of any player or their agent/entourage to try.

Kamaldeen Sulemana: Southampton set to sign Rennes winger for £22m

Wouldn't be surprised if this guy goes for much higher price in the future. Looks to be in the Mane mould!

Sabitzer going to the Mancs, I would have taken him for us. But we’re poor and have plenty of midfielders.

Fernandez deal is apparently concluded for Chelsea..

£290 million spent, that’s what FSG payed to buy this club. They haven’t put in a single penny more….

We are worth - supposedly £4 billion now and have the 3rd highest value in world football but get this.

We have no money.
    Last edited by Steveo; 31st January 2023 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Sabitzer going to the Mancs, I would have taken him for us. But we’re poor and have plenty of midfielders.
    We have a fully registered 25-man squad. It's been pointed out by multiple users in multiple threads.

To bring someone in, we would have to make a sale.

- Many are on high wages (so wouldn't appeal to most clubs who can't match the wages)
    - Many are in awful form (and thus unattractive prospects)
    - Six are going to see our their contracts until the end of the season and likely won't want to leave beforehand as they'll want their wage packet.

Sabitzer is a loan anyway? (if I'm wrong I'll hold my hands up there) so as annoyed as we are at "only" buying Gakpo for £40m or whatever, the Mancs have brought in two lads on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We have a fully registered 25-man squad. It's been pointed out by multiple users in multiple threads.

To bring someone in, we would have to make a sale.

- Many are on high wages (so wouldn't appeal to most clubs who can't match the wages)
    - Many are in awful form (and thus unattractive prospects)
    - Six are going to see our their contracts until the end of the season and likely won't want to leave beforehand as they'll want their wage packet.

Sabitzer is a loan anyway? (if I'm wrong I'll hold my hands up there) so as annoyed as we are at "only" buying Gakpo for £40m or whatever, the Mancs have brought in two lads on loan.
    Yes it’s a loan with options down the road. It’s just amazing that players can be moved for at the last minute to replace (even on loan) injured midfield starters like Eriksen and we bumble around dropping places in the table by the week. Arthur is half the player Sabitzer is. I still don’t see the priority of buying Gakpo. Our scouting and recruiting have fallen off dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Yes it’s a loan with options down the road. It’s just amazing that players can be moved for at the last minute to replace (even on loan) injured midfield starters like Eriksen and we bumble around dropping places in the table by the week. Arthur is half the player Sabitzer is. I still don’t see the priority of buying Gakpo. Our scouting and recruiting have fallen off dramatically.
    I won't disagree with that assessment. We need to improve in a few areas and that is definitely one of them.

Staff at the club seemingly thought we would have enough for a Champion's League spot and prior to the season beginning, I'd have agreed with that. I thought we would finish 2nd/3rd with losing Mane and key players getting past their peak but didn't anticipate the current malaise.

As for Gakpo, I imagine that we probably felt that either pressure from the front would help alleviate/disguise some of the issue of the midfield getting walked through and/or that his goals would help see us win matches.

Small sample size but it's not looking like the most intelligent call right now.

Chelsea has spent £600 million since May on 15 players. Half of that in this window. Insane