Page 146 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4696136139140141142143144145146147148149 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1484

Thread: General transfer thread (everything not LFC) 22/23

Chelsea like previously and like PSG and Man-city have destroyed football. they have made players prices go through the roof and into outer space
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

@ Tees ...As i stated it was just my opinion,which is what this forum is for (share our opinions).While i said i had no problem with what Chelsea have done,i don't but if like you say if it dosen't work they're in trouble......i would say....Chelsea chose this route..no-one to blame but the owner Todd Boehly.

Where my problem lies is with us LFC,we had a month just like all other clubs,we chose not to do any business.Many Midfielders changed hands yet we couldn't even Loan 2 midfielders to help our crisis.They wouldn't have been Bellingham type or level but would have helped us.

Personally i hear all the time we're waiting on Bellingham in the summer,i think our owners and fans are going to be bitterly disappointed.
    Last edited by fagin; 1st February 2023 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Chelsea like previously and like PSG and Man-city have destroyed football. they have made players prices go through the roof and into outer space
    These clubs are by no means responsible for the escalation in player prices,just about every countries Teams around the world are responsible for your claim.
    You only have to look at some of the prices that practically unknown world cup players went for.Nothing to do with a small group of Teams.
    Last edited by fagin; 1st February 2023 at 11:32 AM.

Have to agree with fagin here. It isn't Chelsea who have inflated prices. PSG, in all honesty were the outlier here. they came in and even in a post UAE FC world...started offering the ridiculous buyout clauses that the Spanish giants were placing on their players. It's the Petrodollar state owed clubs that have moved the goal posts in terms of spend. Chelsea are CLEARY beneficiaries of that dirty deal done by our totally corrupt BOJO government (the man telling bare faced lies about threats of bombs) to oust the best club owner in the league. Roman Abramovic... Politically motivated naturally.

Chelsea obviously have been given a golden handshake offer to spend a surplus now or lose it later. £1.5 billion surplus.. Someone is taking a nice backhander here. AND like with City - once SilverLake had bought 10% - Chelsea totally untouchable by FFP!

IF we could get a US investment firm like Silverlake or Clearlake to invest in us - I am certain all "rules" would also not apply to us. the question then would be... WOULD the majority owner FSG be willing to spend what it takes.?

here is some background on who ACTUALLY owns Chelsea - Todd Boehly is just a front!

https://www.sportingnews.com/uk/socc...iqiycwptibrhzr

Chelsea's ownership consortium is led by LA Dodgers part owner Boehly. Although he is the face of the group, it is backed by investment firm Clearlake Capital, and other deep-pocketed partners, including Swiss billionaire Hansjorg Wyss, and Boehly's Dodgers partner Mark Walter.
    Last edited by Steveo; 1st February 2023 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    Doubt it - theyll find a loophole. Barca are literally the only club FFP has seemingly applied to and even they found ways to get around them.
    Whether they find loopholes or not, they would still have a finite amount of squad spaces and some of those could be taken up by lads they want shot of who don't work out and can sit tight and say "I'll be taking my wages for the next 5 years thanks" - it's a big risk from them.

If the collective footballing world had any sense (they largely don't) they would boycott buying and of Chelsea's cast-offs so as not to support this front-loading methodology. It's bad enough for a side like us, but it's worse still for sides who can simply never hope to compete at that sort of level - breaking into the Champion's League has always been difficult but the idea of seeing a club like Brentford or Brighton or Fulham break in based on scouting/footballing merit just gets tougher and tougher, to the detriment of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Whether they find loopholes or not, they would still have a finite amount of squad spaces and some of those could be taken up by lads they want shot of who don't work out and can sit tight and say "I'll be taking my wages for the next 5 years thanks" - it's a big risk from them.

If the collective footballing world had any sense (they largely don't) they would boycott buying and of Chelsea's cast-offs so as not to support this front-loading methodology. It's bad enough for a side like us, but it's worse still for sides who can simply never hope to compete at that sort of level - breaking into the Champion's League has always been difficult but the idea of seeing a club like Brentford or Brighton or Fulham break in based on scouting/footballing merit just gets tougher and tougher, to the detriment of the game.
    100%

I'd kill to go back to what it was like in the 80s *minus the Hooligans.

The Premier League and Champion's League started a snowball that is getting bigger and bigger and attracted the sharks...

Where's the sporting integrity if clubs can spend with impunity? Even in our and United's haydays we had to balance the books.

There should be a hard wage limit and transfer limit like they do in US sports.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    100%

I'd kill to go back to what it was like in the 80s *minus the Hooligans.

The Premier League and Champion's League started a snowball that is getting bigger and bigger and attracted the sharks...

Where's the sporting integrity if clubs can spend with impunity? Even in our and United's haydays we had to balance the books.

There should be a hard wage limit and transfer limit like they do in US sports.
    The sharks are what's killing the game, The Premier league is damaging football as a whole now. The greed is simply off the scale and foreign investment is the main reason and we all know they're not here for the good of the game. That's the difference between a chairman of the past like say Peter Robinson or Doug Ellis. They actually gave a fuck about the club. They loved them. Contrast that with FSG or Glazers and there's a huge casm to n responsibility and respect/rapport with the fans and club staff.

Not sure the US sports wage cap is all it's cracked up to be. There's surely ways around it in bonuses etc. The money involved in their TV rights and contracts makes the PL look paltry.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    The sharks are what's killing the game, The Premier league is damaging football as a whole now. The greed is simply off the scale and foreign investment is the main reason and we all know they're not here for the good of the game. That's the difference between a chairman of the past like say Peter Robinson or Doug Ellis. They actually gave a fuck about the club. They loved them. Contrast that with FSG or Glazers and there's a huge casm to n responsibility and respect/rapport with the fans and club staff.

Not sure the US sports wage cap is all it's cracked up to be. There's surely ways around it in bonuses etc. The money involved in their TV rights and contracts makes the PL look paltry.
    Difference with the US sports is that it's all centralised. The league has all of the power, the big clubs dont just bully the small market teams.

I'm not saying it's perfect, but a hard wage cap (non of this percentage FFP bollocks) that is properly policed and audited would fix a lot of issues. Set the weekly wage budget to something like £2m and give all teams 5 years to rid themselves of their highest earners and for the cap to be introduced.

And that wage is for your entire playing staff 16yo upwards. Would stop the likes of Chelsea and City hoarding young players on daft wages and essentialy farming them out.

It would bring the players wages back under control and one or two players might get wise and ditch their agents. etc.

Then once this has been implemented, they can add a transfer cap. No more than £100m in a single season. And all of the fee is counted in that single season, whilst actual payments can be made over multiple saeason, the full fee has to be used for that season.

But we all know that there are far too many fingers in the pie, dripping with gravy for this to ever happen.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

A bit more transparency.
    When you Google to know the figures, wages spent , there are vast variation figures.

Seems for example Manchester United spend either (August/ Dec 2022:

£211m
    £233m (planet football)
    £323m (all football)
    Or
    £355m according to The Athletic

£4m a week or £7m a week ?

So yes Jozza maybe you have the solution.

But I'm sure the clubs will find another way to 'cheat' the system. Especially when you have the elite lawyers and accountants.

Liverpool varies (yearly)

£121m
    £161m
    £178m

Or £368m

£2m+ a week to £7m+ a week.