Page 20 of 149 FirstFirst ... 101314151617181920212223242526273070120 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread (everything not LFC) 22/23

Everton supposedly really unhappy with the 60m overall package( 50m plus 10m in add- ons) for Richarlison but were forced to accept the bid before the deadline June 30 to get inline with the Prem League Profit and Sustainability Rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    That's an awful lot of money Spurs are putting into the Richarlison acquisition.

I just don't see the value there.
    hes overpriced imo but spurs have spent all that investment stake ££ it seems. if 5hey play a front 3 then he's cover for any injuries and will get time as a sub and in cup games. Conte building a better squad, they should get a good few more pts this season than last. as long as they get their usual win v city or 2 draws i'll be happy, although the 2 draws v spurs cost us too

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Don't forget the sales of Mane and Minamino
    Yep, i was including them.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    That's an awful lot of money Spurs are putting into the Richarlison acquisition.

I just don't see the value there.
    Didnt you think selling Salah for £60 Mill was good business. (I gather you'd caveat contract situation, but still, come on man)

You won't find any top6 clubs buying anything from a pl club for less than 30 mill.

The thuggy scumbag and all that he is, carries value for many clubs. Even linked with Psg which seems more bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Richarlison can play as a 9 so it makes sense for them to sign someone who can cover Kane and also Son / Kulusevski. Having a rotation player as a record signing is a little odd though
    It's the type of depth needed these days. Spurs made top4 largely down to arsenal's injuries as the season progressed.
    Content will fancy his chances in the CL and want a squad that compete for the 2 big competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I thought they signed Bentacur and Kulusevski (loan option to buy) after missing out on Diaz?

I believe they also went on to outscore all other teams in the league from that point on.

Richarlison can be a handful - Conte thinks he is worth the dosh and I guess I can see why to a certain extent. Conte just might get that talent outta him, and the lad has plenty.
    Keep your hands above the table, where we can see them

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    We woulda off loaded Oxlade. but no one will pay his wages..And we wont sell him for 5 million to counter balance. He'll leave for free. Keita wont sign either,no matter if we want him to re-sign. He'll go and so will Salah and Firmino for nothing
    The holes in our recruitment are showing a little in all truthfulness, the aspect of sentimentality and keeping and/or giving players new contracts that haven't quite worked out, or have been usurped by another player

Ox, the legend Origi and Keita should have been moved on long ago, ideally Bobby should have gone for a fee this summer with Mane staying, when our midfield performed far better in Fab's absence and the best it ever has in 19-20, we should have immediately been looking to move Fab on and sign the type of No6 hendo had proved worked far better for our system

We've been too sentimental and kept too many players who didn't work out or another player showed we could be better without on for too long, in midfield especially, Keita, Ox and Fab should have been gone, not given renewals or pay increases after 19-20 and honestly, we shouldn't have signed Thiago for me, keeping Gini and signing a different type of midfielder who creates from different situations would have been better

I think Spurs could be pushing us harder this season, we'll carry on flogging a dead horse in Fab at No6 and they have 3 better options for that position in Bissouma, Hojbjerg and Bentancur, others have Kante, Rodri, N'Didi, Rice and De Jong who are all better too and we're paying him silly wages based on his level of ability for me
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The flaw is in your judgement too though.

We cant just force players under contract out and to sell you need a buyer.

We could put Bobby "on the list" then clubs know we want rid so we'd get a very low fee for him, not exactly good business is it.

Bobby is only 30 he could be around for a while yet.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Bobby is only 30 he could be around for a while yet.
    Also a fabulous injury record overall prior to the season just gone by, seems genuinely happy to be here and the one for whom pace is the least important - not that Mane or Salah are "just" pace or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Content will fancy his chances in the CL and want a squad that compete for the 2 big competitions.
    They're certainly getting good depth sorted, to their credit.

Still see them finishing 3rd/4th somewhere between 7-12 points behind us and Man City, failing to get past the quarter-finals of the Champion's League.

Which in their defence is still a pretty good level to keep building from.